• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's 2006 & 2007 FJR Delrin Slider Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that I'll need a 10mm allen that fits my torque wrench? True?
Nope. You only need the 10mm allen wrench to remove the stock bolts. And it would be pretty pointless to remove bolts using a torque wrench. So a typical L-shaped allen wrench will do.

You do need a 19mm socket to install the new bolts supplied with the sliders. This should go on a torque wrench.

I think I'll use some blue Loctite too.

-Uwe-

Ah... Ian sends out normal bolt, I get it now. I assumed that because the bike came with allen bolts that he would send the same thing. This makes more sense. I already have the sockets. Cool.

However, if the original bolt is on at 35 or 40 ft. lbs., how can I get the original bolt off with just a shorty allen wrench? Do you have to stick a pipe on it or something? Might it break?
Are there any forum members close by to KitsapFJR who might be able to lend a hand and help with the installation of his sliders?

Cougar - Had the same experience but all seems well. Skyway may be able to comment/clarify but my buddy suggested that the frame is a little bit larger than the engine and by correctly tightening the left side first then followed by the right, they may feel different because of the added flex you take up during the second slider installation. I don't know if that is correct but it seems to make some sense. Skyway had previously suggested using common sense rather than just waiting for a click, probably very good advice. I offer my buddies idea only as another possible reason for our common experience.

Really nice product those sliders!!

Regards,

B

Any 06 blue riders get theirs yet. Photo's please!! :dribble: :dribble:
Still waiting. :mellow:
And waiting -_-
I got them today. :clapping: These are super nice. I hope I never need to use them. They are way too pretty to burse.

BTW…. I now have both stiles of the skyway sliders. I decided to keep the aluminum ones too. I figure they will go down in history as the best farkle and be worth more money someday. Good investment. :yahoo:

I installed the "delrin" skyway sliders today.

This is the before picture:

DSCN0748.jpg

This is the after picture:

DSCN0750.jpg

Which one do you think looks best with the 06"BLUE"

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

Got my "delrin" sliders yesterday and installed them this afternoon...

This was a 10 minutes thingy...

So easy, even a girl can do it on her own! :bb2:

Seriously Skyway, you could pack an "Easy Button" with them...

:grin:

Thanks!

Got home late last night and they were waiting for me. You you all lied to me though. You said it would take only 5 minutes. It took at least 8 or 9! So much for truth in advertising! ;)

They were not a problem to put on. I was worried because of a previous bad experience with torque wrenches. But I got mine out, set it to the prescribed 29 lbs., and on they went.

One question: The instructions said 29 lbs. and that's what I set them at. However, I've seen people on here suggest 35, and even 40+ lbs. The 29 lbs was pretty easy to get to. Are they on tight enough? Should I go more?

Got home late last night and they were waiting for me. You you all lied to me though. You said it would take only 5 minutes. It took at least 8 or 9! So much for truth in advertising! ;)
They were not a problem to put on. I was worried because of a previous bad experience with torque wrenches. But I got mine out, set it to the prescribed 29 lbs., and on they went.

One question: The instructions said 29 lbs. and that's what I set them at. However, I've seen people on here suggest 35, and even 40+ lbs. The 29 lbs was pretty easy to get to. Are they on tight enough? Should I go more?
And there has been a lot of debate about the torque on this fastener. Did it feel like there was 35ft/lbs on the engine bolts you removed? I've installed countless sets and all of the engine bolts I removed felt less than 35ft/lbs. That's why I've reduced the torque setting with my instructions as I'm reading too many stripped thread stories. Your engine is not going to fall out at 29ft/lbs.

For the forum members in Australia, you can also order this delrin kit for your bike. Price delivered is $105 USD. I'll also add this info to the first page for reference. In case others are wondering, I ship all of my farkles worldwide or wherever there's an FJR in need.

No, you're right... it did not feel like 35lbs when I removed the original bolts. With just an "L" shaped allen wrench I was able to remove the bolts without too much trouble. I'm going with what you are saying and leaving them at 29 lbs.

Thanks for what looks like a great product... I just hope I don't actually have to find out if they're great or not!

Steve

I just ordered mine, I've never had full bodywork before so these really seem like a good idea- not to mention the rave reviews for all of Skyway's work. Thanks for doing what you do!

Just want to let you guys know that I recieved a lot of orders in the mail this past weekend. You guys have cleaned me out of this kit for now. I've already begun making another batch and will begin shipping them the middle of next week.

Hey Skyway,

you're a busy feller! It seems your mailbox is full, probably orders I'm guessing. I'd like to get a set of your delrin sliders coming and wondered if you process CC's. Email me when you get a chance.

Hey Skyway,you're a busy feller! It seems your mailbox is full, probably orders I'm guessing. I'd like to get a set of your delrin sliders coming and wondered if you process CC's. Email me when you get a chance.
yep, i got the dreaded PM box full message as well. i went ahead with a paypal payment and put a note in the comments section.

Sorry about the PM box being full, I've been gone for 4 days. This gives you an indication of how much messaging I have to keep up with. I'm wading through it now.

I'm planning on having all current orders for the delrin sliders shipped by Wednesday of this coming week.

How many new FJR's can there be in North America for crying out loud? :dribble:

Status
Not open for further replies.