• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skyway

Just refund me the cost of the cover and kit please. I'm going to see what I can work out on the tank myself.

devanator

Anybody else feel like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" who checks his mailbox every day for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring?
If I remember right little Ralphie figured out that was a scam........"Drink more ovaltine!!"

Anybody else feel like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" who checks his mailbox every day for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring?
No, butt the phrase, throwing good money after bad comes to mind.

At the suggestion of one of our moderator's in this thread... I filed a BBB complaint related to this whole fiasco today. Can't believe it's come to this, but I have no confidence whatsoever that I will ever see the ~$830 I am owed at this point. I think 17 months is quite enough time to have resolved it by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fairly easy online process to file a complaint... maybe if enough other people who are involved in the situation were to do likewise, the cumulative number of complaints might actually get this issue resolved.

It's a fairly easy online process to file a complaint... maybe if enough other people who are involved in the situation were to do likewise, the cumulative number of complaints might actually get this issue resolved.
Done.

Thanks Groo

I have been occupied with other issues for the past 6 months and had sort of hoped this really would work out fine eventually.

I guess that no one else has received their $800 "refund" either at this point.

Amazing how this whole thing has transpired. Kind of makes you want to trust no-one ever again.

Stupid me... not only did I send Skyway money (and lots of it) but I then sent him the tank, too. LOL LOL.

Ian/Skyway, if you are out there, why don't you take care of this??? At least have the guts to reply and/or acknowlege the situation.

BBB complaint submitted on line.

I filed the BBB complaint today. I hope everyone due a refund does the same.

Perhaps we need to determine the total $$$$$$ involved in this fiasco. It may help us as a group to take the next step(s) if the refunds are not forthcoming.

Dick Meyer

Certified mail to Ian 5/27/08 asking for refund. No response.

BBB complaint 6/3/08. The BBB closed the case with no response from Ian and the Company now has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB.

USPO Mail Fraud Report 7/25/08. I have not heard of the status on this.

If enough of us take action on this maybe the BBB will forward it to the AG.

USPO Mail Fraud Report 7/25/08. I have not heard of the status on this.
That'll be my next action... Unless Ian decides to make good on his most recent promises...

BeatDeadHorse.gif

If enough of us take action on this maybe the BBB will forward it to the AG.
BBB doesn't do that sort of thing. They simply record the reasons for an unsatisfactory rating for anyone who looks up the info through them. It's the mail fraud part that is where it gets into the deep kimchi.

ADMIN NOTE: He appears to be trying to make things right....
Appearances can be deceiving....

While it did appear that this had some chance of being resolved back in June when Iggy first posted the comment above, I don't think that's his current feeling, and I now highly doubt that will ever happen.

What's the current situation with Skyway and his biz? I just ordered a item from his web site without checking background ... doh! (minor amount though)

BBB is a good start, but I would think you guys should go straight to district A or state AG with complaint. With many signatures and facts I am sure AG has to act.

It's not at all ok for any forum member to be f'ing with us!

But I don't have the facts, so I will refrain myself from mouthing off (or beating a dead ... very phunny!)

Please enlighten us as to what's going on here!?

And if skyway is not trustworthy, then why is he still allowed on this forum? Admins?

btw. I have seen comments about giving him slack, etc. BS :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.