• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's FJR Sidestand Enlargement Footplate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I has jus gots to have one too.
2247302-plus1.gif

And we can have a contest at WFO for the most scraped-up one! (cheaters need not enter).
Hmm, titanium??
That gives a whole new dimension to the term, "Sparky!"

Yep, I has jus gots to have one too.
2247302-plus1.gif

And we can have a contest at WFO for the most scraped-up one! (cheaters need not enter).
TC,

First prize could be a certificate to Keith Code's California Superbike School to learn how to hang off more so as to preserve the Skyway side stand farkle. Oh, BTW, put me on the list as an interested party. I'll save the shipping and pick it up (as long as the roads aren't icy like they have been for the past couple of weeks). Center stand pads would be a welcome addition as well if it can be worked out.

CAJW

Pipes are still burst, any interest in something like this? :rolleyes:
This is only a visual concept of my idea and does not represent the final design.

The footplate and all mounting hardware will be machined out of stainless steel. Also replace the Philips head screws with a hex for an Allen wrench.

This should be enough for everyone to get the general idea.

Price point around $35

fjrsidestandenlargementfootplate.jpg
I haven't recieved my sliders yet but put me down for one of these also

OK then, based on this response, this farkle will see the light of day. Right now though, I'm in the middle of a different, rather tricky farkle for MNFJR, which will take priority over everything else until I have it dialed in for him. Hopefully today will be the day.
Oooh, I hope that project is the mounts for the Baker Air Wings. That's #1 on my just-gotta-have list.

Back on topic, if it helps, here's a photo of that BMW sidestand plate extension: Clicky.

Ahm steel athinkin' et orta be lookin' lahk a smashed bug.

OR, in honor of TWN, a smashed Big Toe. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Move the two side screws back further and I'm in. Not enough support to stop it from coming off in the original design. Or how about a top plate that sandwiches the whole thing, held by four screws instead of three? After all, we're talking over 600 lbs here, especially those "newer" models. :rolleyes:

But I have faith you'll have it all sorted out before too long. You always do.

BTW, I love the tuning fork imprint on the bottom. It's a nice thing to leave on your Harley owning friend's driveway. :p

I'd be in for 2... One for me and one for GrnArrowe.

Love the idea of leaving the tuning forks behind on some hardly driveways!!

The bike just LOVES Skyway farkles!! :clapping:

I'd be in for 2... One for me and one for GrnArrowe.Love the idea of leaving the tuning forks behind on some hardly driveways!!

The bike just LOVES Skyway farkles!! :clapping:
I guess I should start a poll at some point cause I'm getting lots of suggestions for the imprint. :D

Also, to let you guys know that this farkle will be known from here on out as the "asphalt branding sidestand footplate" ;)