Sliders - To cut or not to cut?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, the 2005 is the best year FJR made! :yahoo:

I'm from the no cut. It's like scaring or ruining your body... work.

I used the T-Rex no cut sliders. Never used them, hope I never do. ;)

Totally agree with the 'Bluesman ^

Love my '05

Will avoid any non-reversible changes like cutting holes in the tupperware

Also bought the no-drill T-Rex Racing sliders.

Totally agree with the 'Bluesman ^

Love my '05

Will avoid any non-reversible changes like cutting holes in the tupperware

Also bought the no-drill T-Rex Racing sliders.
Whatcha guys worried about? Resale? :p Never say never, but I'll probably never sell my 05', best skoot out there! (Ok, Ok....... to each his own, but cutting the fairing for my sliders, made it mine and IMHO, looks just fine).

Both look fine and both have been reported to work well on tip overs and low slides. I have the expensive motovation no-cut sliders and am still happy with them. They look very slick.

WFooshee has in debt testing and experience with his R&G cut sliders and I take Walt's experience and advice seriously...

even though the no cut brackets attached in two places, I understand they bolt to the frame and not the motor mounts

frame mounting is weak and broken frames are expensive

motor mounts are very robust and very strong

YMMV

My bike came with the combo slider/hiway pegs that required drilling. Not sure where they came from, but I like them. I do use the hiway pegs on long trips.
Apologies for the hijack, but I've not seen the slider/hiway peg combo up close. Does anyone have a picture?
Closed:

FJR_Slider1.jpg

Open:

FJR_Slider2.jpg

^ very cool, I'm guessing they are for GenII only? With a good paint job they wouldn't look bad on a bike.
The ones I have are black and look just fine on my silver bike. They were working on getting them set up for GenI but I don't know if the ever got it done