Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one thing to say: R&G!!

Quit your bitching about the hole drilling and thread stripping. Making the hole is idiot easy and done right, you are not going to strip the female bolt threads. Use a little anti-seize and reduced torque, just like the directions say, and you could put the things ona and off 50 times without a problem.

I layed my bike over once putting it on the center stand. Let me tell you - it is a terrifying moment to see your treasure on it's side for the first time. R&Gs prevented any and all damage. They didn't prevent my humiliation, but I eventually got over that.

-BD

for '06, what about the sliders mentioned in the yamaha european Cataloge?

no holes to cut... factory design to fit...

anybody with european business contacts?

thanks, dana

for '06, what about the sliders mentioned in the yamaha european Cataloge?
no holes to cut... factory design to fit...

anybody with european business contacts?

thanks, dana
Linky no worky. :D I've also found that the stuff in the Euro catalog is frequently available from Canada as well. Perhaps a little easier to find a contact there.

Well, my birthday is next week and I will be out of town a lot. So, my wife bought me a set of motovation race sliders. Which, is exactly what I wanted. They are white, which should go well with the blue.

Anway, I have been looking. Seems that motovation has a nice long description of installing the no-drill slider but nothing really except a couple pictures of the race style.

Are they any instructions or howtos to install this? I saw the one on fjr1300.info for the R&G sliders, but they look different than mine.

Any help is appreciated.

I am curious, are these sliders long enough?

I mean... if the bike is sliding down the pavement with the MOKO sliders, what happens to the side cases? Do they also slide and grind away? or can they be protected by the sliders?

Seems like if one is concerned about the MOKO Slidders not protruding out far enough for protection, why not get the mushrooms or whatever their called, for a sport bike that stick out farther with longer bolts? They might not look as good but seems that would solve some concerns. Or, you could add a set of crash bars, I think I saw a pic of FJRPig with a set on a Oregon LEO sled. Anyway, my $.02 worth. PM. <>< B)