Smitty Comes to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
OK folks heres the deal

I just got of the phone with Smitty and he is prepared to fly to Los Angeles to do some Audiovox installs.

We have a place to do them ( will either be Torrance at my place or Huntingdon Beach Barabus's place). What we need is some comitment from you guys in the form of [SIZE=36pt]$[/SIZE].

You will provide the Audiovox unit here is a Link and mount ( i think) and smitty will provide everything else. The install will cost you about $225 (estimate as we have to figure out his expenses ).

In order to convince Smitty that we are serious I think we each need to send him some $ up front via paypal or something ( $100 maybe) that way he will know we mean business.

It turns out that Smitty has the next 4 weeks of work so this will happen soon if it is gonna happen.

So now we need to know who wants to be in on this sweet deal.

As a bonus you all get to meet the one and only Smitty who by the way sounds like a nice guy.

Let me know ASAP guys time is running out.

Richard

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will provide the Audiovox unit and mount ( i think) and smitty will provide everything else. The install will cost you about $225 (estimate).
:blink: That price include nekkid dancing girls to keep us entertained while he tickles the innards of our bikes?

It turns out that Smitty has the next 4 weeks of work...
Government job, eh?

As a bonus you all get to meet the one and only Smitty who by the way sounds like a nice guy.
Big whoop. His bonus is meeting us! :bleh:

Count me in. ;)

I am in Sacramento and would definitely ride down. Put down me down for first in line and tell me where to send money if this all comes together. I have the cruise unit and skyway's bracket. Have been waiting for this opportunity!

mbrinitzer said:
I am in Sacramento and would definitely ride down. Put down me down for first in line and tell me where to send money if this all comes together. I have the cruise unit and skyway's bracket. Have been waiting for this opportunity!
Oops! Did not see twowheelnut's reply, guess that puts me in the second spot!

Oops! Did not see twowheelnut's reply, guess that puts me in the second spot!
Actually you woudl be 4th in line behind me, barabus and TWN but hey you would be inline none the less. :clapping:

Richard

I can't believe with all that time that he would FLY out there. Smitty my man, ride the southern route to LA. What a beautiful trip! I'm sure all that freak cold is gone by now.

Ride, Smitty, RIDE! Just UPS all that install crap, or buy it when you get there. Make it an adventure! SWEET!

I can't believe with all that time that he would FLY out there. Smitty my man, ride the southern route to LA. What a beautiful trip! I'm sure all that freak cold is gone by now.
Ride, Smitty, RIDE! Just UPS all that install crap, or buy it when you get there. Make it an adventure! SWEET!

+1!

(Its not like you don't have CC on your bike :p :p )

We need a New England visit... :p
I'm with Cota. One week for you freaks on the left coast and one week for da boys in the east. If Jeff can muster up a bunch of his redneck buddies we may even send him down to the south for a week. That would give him a week at home to recuperate from his forum induced hangover. :alcoholic:

+1!

Is that +1 you want one or on FJRockets comment?

Richard

Count me in. Let me know a paypal address to send some cash so he knows I am in for sure. I WANT ONE! I have not been in the forums for a while but I thought

he was not going to do it on the AE models? I really hope that has changed. Let me know, thanks.

Ps The delivery date sucks if he is coming out real soon! As soon as I know the date he can come out I will adjust the delivery date if needed.

Shipping Details: (order will arrive in 1 shipment)

Order #: 105-5897709-2364401

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping

Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible

Subtotal of Items: $84.61

Shipping & Handling: $7.88

Super Saver Discount: -$7.88

------

Total for this Order: $84.61

Shipping estimate for these items: February 5, 2007 - February 7, 2007

Delivery estimate: February 12, 2007 - February 20, 2007

1 "Audiovox CCS100 Cruise Control W/Mgnt Kit"

Misc.; $84.61

Count me in. Let me know a paypal address to send some cash so he knows I am in for sure. I WANT ONE! I have not been in the forums for a while but I thought he was not going to do it on the AE models? I really hope that has changed. Let me know, thanks.

I only had trouble with one AE model. I have done a few since then with no problem. There is a extra cost with the AE of $55.00.. It is extra labor, I have to drain the coolant down and remove the water pipe in the head. This way the servo is under the tank, and the computers under the seat do not have to be moved. Smitty

+1!

Is that +1 you want one or on FJRockets comment?

Richard
Sorry,

I already installed mine.

Count me in. Let me know a paypal address to send some cash so he knows I am in for sure. I WANT ONE! I have not been in the forums for a while but I thought he was not going to do it on the AE models? I really hope that has changed. Let me know, thanks.

I only had trouble with one AE model. I have done a few since then with no problem. There is a extra cost with the AE of $55.00.. It is extra labor, I have to drain the coolant down and remove the water pipe in the head. This way the servo is under the tank, and the computers under the seat do not have to be moved. Smitty
Sounds good, let me know if you would like me to pay you in full now for the install or later? Thanks Smitty.

Well, Richard ("Fairlaner") should win some smooth talking award for this one. Smitty flying out, very cool. He will be staying with me in my humble home that is in Huntington Beach. We have an extra car- a beater VW. As a bonus, the Golder Retiever loves to ride in just that car. He will not go near the new Toyotas. Go figure. This insures that Smitty has a buddy to go anywhere with him. I wish I had an extra FJR for you, but maybe someone has an extra bike for Smitty. If all else fails there is Eagle Rider with a BMW R120Rt up the road in LA near LAX. My buddys have had a lot of success with Eagle Rider. I would like to take Smitty on some tasty rides, so it will not be all work. We need to show him some SoCal hospitality. Richard is in charge of the girls/strippers/hostesses.

P.S. Where is the list of confirmed at?

Well, Richard ("Fairlaner") should win some smooth talking award for this one. Smitty flying out, very cool. He will be staying with me in my humble home that is in Huntington Beach. We have an extra car- a beater VW. As a bonus, the Golder Retiever loves to ride in just that car. He will not go near the new Toyotas. Go figure. This insures that Smitty has a buddy to go anywhere with him. I wish I had an extra FJR for you, but maybe someone has an extra bike for Smitty. If all else fails there is Eagle Rider with a BMW R120Rt up the road in LA near LAX. My buddys have had a lot of success with Eagle Rider. I would like to take Smitty on some tasty rides, so it will not be all work. We need to show him some SoCal hospitality. Richard is in charge of the girls/strippers/hostesses.
P.S. Where is the list of confirmed at?
ouch did you say strippers??? now thats a plan.

as far as confirmed....

1 Richard (fairlaner)

2 Barry (barabus)

3 Tim (the Nut)

4 mbrinitzer (from Sac)

5 2006FJR

6 Lee (He's a maybe)

I am sure there will be more.

one thing i will say is that the more we get the cheaper it will be to fly smitty out here. I know i am stateing the bleeding obvious but oh well.

I also have a message into Temp357 as he did show some interest on a previous thread so we will see.

anyway thats where we are at rigth now.

Richard

WHAT THIS SPACE

OK all you Cali boys don't miss your chance here with Smitty,he is one first class guy and does very proffesional installs on anything he does,you won't be dissappointed with his work.

Smitty I second the notion on taking the long southern ride out to Cal,you could get in yourSS1000 with ease,have fun out there in Cal brother.

Six guys and your still going to fly him on a commercial jet.....C'mon you cheap bastards I think a Falcon is in order for Smitty.... :lol:

7x_8_large.jpg

Smitty: Do you have any idea when you would be coming out here? If you need some 2 wheeled transportation I can hook you up with a Vespa while you are in town? Sorry but the dog would not fit. I was thinking about picking up some Helibars with the risers if you are interested in doing another install while you are here? I just added the CalSci +5.5 Tall Windsheild, the Yamaha rear truck and the sliders this week. It is really nice seeing the bike change each week. Here is a photo of the Vespa.