Smitty Comes to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will trade you the use of my bike for a day for a cruise control install. :) Just kidding, thanks for the last post letting me know I needed to pick up the custom mount from Skyway since I have the AE model. I will order it tonight so I get it in time. If the part gets here with time to spare I might just have it changed to black so has a nice clean look to it. What is it called when you take a metal piece of something and have it dipped/sprayed to have a high gloss black finish? I guess you can tell my now I know nothing about this stuff but love to ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant make the ride on the 2nd (gonna do the Geezer ride on superbowl Sunday) as my wife is off work and wants to go spend a night in a hotel. (dont ask me why as i dont know)R

Richard, it seems that you need to be educated here. When your wife has some time off work and wants to spend a night in a hotel with YOU, she obviously has something in mind. There might be a good movie on HBO........ or some special food served by room service........ :rolleyes:

If you don't know what she wants, perhaps some of the gentlemen here might suggest something. :clapping:

(Hope you guys have fun).

Jill

I cant make the ride on the 2nd (gonna do the Geezer ride on superbowl Sunday) as my wife is off work and wants to go spend a night in a hotel. (dont ask me why as i dont know)R

Richard, it seems that you need to be educated here. When your wife has some time off work and wants to spend a night in a hotel with YOU, she obviously has something in mind. There might be a good movie on HBO........ or some special food served by room service........ :rolleyes:

If you don't know what she wants, perhaps some of the gentlemen here might suggest something. :clapping:

(Hope you guys have fun).

Jill

yeah yeah yeah Jill i know all about it. I am pretty pissed (drunk) right now so i will look thru this and add people to the list in the am.

Richard

So New list

1 Barry (Barabus) Wed pm or Thursday am

2 Richard (Fairlaner) Thursday am

3 Nightshine Thursday pm (will that work for you)

4 Friday am Jim kjc625- mbrinitzer- Lee (He's a maybe)

5 Friday pm Jim kjc625- mbrinitzer- Lee (He's a maybe)

6 Ali (temp357) Sat am

7 Sat pm Jim kjc625- mbrinitzer- Lee (He's a maybe)

8 Trent (2006fjr) Sun am

9 Tim (the Nut) Sun pm

I will have to check with Smitty but i guess he may be able to do 3 a day at the week end.

R

Let me throw this in and see if we can get some of the fence sitters to jump off (hey we know your out there).
It was a pretty tall fence, but the landing wasn't too bad. :p I'll be coming down from the SF North Bay.

So count me in if there's still an available slot (just let me know what's open), and I'll look forward to meeting everyone!

Let me throw this in and see if we can get some of the fence sitters to jump off (hey we know your out there).
It was a pretty tall fence, but the landing wasn't too bad. :p I'll be coming down from the SF North Bay.

So count me in if there's still an available slot (just let me know what's open), and I'll look forward to meeting everyone!
When is best for you?

Richard

Just ran across this thread and am very interested (just ordered the amazon part and have a 2004 FJR1300abs)

What date(s) will this be happening on?

When is best for you?Richard
OK. :yahoo: Thursday PM slot should give me plenty of time to get down there, and'll likely stay overnight somewhere.

Where exactly is the install place? What money do you need up front?

I have a non-ABS 2005, and I think I'd like control mounting on the left side using Smitty's famous matte black bracket.

Just ran across this thread and am very interested (just ordered the amazon part and have a 2004 FJR1300abs)
What date(s) will this be happening on?
Looks like it will be 21st thru 25th of Feb. Thats wednesday afternoon thru Sunday.

And i spoke to Smitty today and we are basically out of room, so whats going to happen is next week i will send each of you a PM with Smittys paypal info and you will need to send him a deposit of $100, this is to show him that we are serious.

Hope that works for every one.

Richard

List

6 Ali (temp357) Sat am

8 Trent (2006fjr) Sun am

9 Tim (the Nut) Sun pm

10 Fatnakedguy

11 OC ed

12 tcfjr

Am i missing anyone???

I heard about this at today's ASM class. If any slots are added or someone drops out, I'm ready, willing, and able to step in. Any date/time works for me. Thanks.

I heard about this at today's ASM class. If any slots are added or someone drops out, I'm ready, willing, and able to step in. Any date/time works for me. Thanks.
Ok i have added you to the list i will be sending out the paypal info tomorrow or tuesday and we will se what happens.

Richard

List

6 Ali (temp357) Sat am

8 Trent (2006fjr) Sun am

9 Tim (the Nut) Sun pm

10 Fatnakedguy

11 OC ed

12 tcfjr

Am i missing anyone???

Tim,

Yes, I'm riding down from Utah for this event.

I have a meeting in Denver on Monday morning (2/26) so will make plans to fly out of Long Beach and leave my bike with ?? for the week.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I just read the part about being out of room...

If that's the case, please let me know ASAP so I can book my flight from SLC to Denver (instead of Long Beach to Denver).

Thanks!

Tim,
Yes, I'm riding down from Utah for this event.

I have a meeting in Denver on Monday morning (2/26) so will make plans to fly out of Long Beach and leave my bike with ?? for the week.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I just read the part about being out of room...

If that's the case, please let me know ASAP so I can book my flight from SLC to Denver (instead of Long Beach to Denver).

Thanks!
If you are gonna leave the bike you are in.

R

Well boys, my flight is booked. Land at LAX at 12:40pm Feb 21. :drinks: :bike: ... Smitty