Smitty Comes to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smitty: Do you have any idea when you would be coming out here? If you need some 2 wheeled transportation I can hook you up with a Vespa while you are in town? Sorry but the dog would not fit. I was thinking about picking up some Helibars with the risers if you are interested in doing another install while you are here? I just added the CalSci +5.5 Tall, the Yamaha rear truck and the sliders this week. It is really nice seeing the bike change each week. Here is a photo of the Vespa.
that will be fun up palomar mountain road.

hehe.

i may have some more stuff for him to do also.

Richard

YUP!

You guys are gunna love this guy! He does awesome work! :clapping:

@Smitty

Ride out there! Show them these "Show Me" boys aint sissies! :lol2:

One more thing...

If he chooses to ride out, I say buy his gas and some new shoes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Richard ("Fairlaner") should win some smooth talking award for this one. Smitty flying out, very cool. He will be staying with me in my humble home that is in Huntington Beach. We have an extra car- a beater VW. As a bonus, the Golder Retiever loves to ride in just that car. He will not go near the new Toyotas. Go figure. This insures that Smitty has a buddy to go anywhere with him. I wish I had an extra FJR for you, but maybe someone has an extra bike for Smitty. If all else fails there is Eagle Rider with a BMW R120Rt up the road in LA near LAX. My buddys have had a lot of success with Eagle Rider. I would like to take Smitty on some tasty rides, so it will not be all work. We need to show him some SoCal hospitality. Richard is in charge of the girls/strippers/hostesses.
P.S. Where is the list of confirmed at?
ouch did you say strippers??? now thats a plan.

as far as confirmed....

1 Richard (fairlaner)

2 Barry (barabus)

3 Tim (the Nut)

4 mbrinitzer (from Sac)

5 2006FJR

6 Lee (He's a maybe)

I am sure there will be more.

one thing i will say is that the more we get the cheaper it will be to fly smitty out here. I know i am stateing the bleeding obvious but oh well.

I also have a message into Temp357 as he did show some interest on a previous thread so we will see.

anyway thats where we are at rigth now.

Richard

WHAT THIS SPACE
You guys just can't let my wallet keep any money in it can you guys?

I'm in as well. :) Just placed the order for the audiovox from amazon.

Smitty,

Are you putting the unit under the seat? I have a power commander there now. Also do you have pictures of your control unit mount? Is it as nice as skyways? ;) Where are you connecting the power to?

While you are doing the surgery, may as well ask...how much to intall the honda heated grips and the g2 throttle tube, and a blue sea power distribution unit?

thx :)

Ali

Let me ask you guys this this.

What is the best install day for you? we are either looking at around the 10th of Feb or after the 18th.

Let me know.

Update

as far as confirmed....

1 Richard (fairlaner)

2 Barry (barabus)

3 Tim (the Nut)

4 mbrinitzer (from Sac)

5 2006FJR

6 Lee (He's a maybe)

7 Ali (Temp357)

Let me ask you guys this this.What is the best install day for you? we are either looking at around the 10th of Feb or after the 18th.

Let me know.

Update

as far as confirmed....

1 Richard (fairlaner)

2 Barry (barabus)

3 Tim (the Nut)

4 mbrinitzer (from Sac)

5 2006FJR

6 Lee (He's a maybe)

7 Ali (Temp357)
Day? 3 hours/install x 7 is 21 straight hours! :blink: Hell, he won't even have time for the nekkid dancin' girls!

Let me ask you guys this this.What is the best install day for you? we are either looking at around the 10th of Feb or after the 18th.

Let me know.

Update

as far as confirmed....

1 Richard (fairlaner)

2 Barry (barabus)

3 Tim (the Nut)

4 mbrinitzer (from Sac)

5 2006FJR

6 Lee (He's a maybe)

7 Ali (Temp357)
Day? 3 hours/install x 7 is 21 straight hours! :blink: Hell, he won't even have time for the nekkid dancin' girls!
Tim behave yourself.

no i am thinking at this point of him leaving STL on a wednesday morning he gets here lunchtime and does Barry's bike then thurday he does mine and someone elses then friday he does ? and sat? and sunday? then home monday morning...........

Thats what I am thnking right now. of course i have to ok with smitty but Wed 21st to Monday the 26th sounds like it to me.

The airfare is $193 round trip for that week split how ever many ways = depends on the final #

Thats my thoughts right now, what do you think Smitty?

Richard

So Tim what day for you ?

As far as kitty goes, there is always time for that. We could even have them come to the shop while he works :wub:

Well, its a family audience here- No "P" word. I am looking forward to meeting the famous Smitty. Friday the 2nd is a group ride that would be really cool to get Smitty on. I'll check with his executive assistant on that one. Maybe Tim can go with us and we could be back by afternoon with 3-4 left to work on Bikes? I'll post the ride.

Barry

Well, its a family audience here- No "P" word. I am looking forward to meeting the famous Smitty. Friday the 2nd is a group ride that would be really cool to get Smitty on. I'll check with his executive assistant on that one. Maybe Tim can go with us and we could be back by afternoon with 3-4 left to work on Bikes? I'll post the ride.
Barry
P word was edited.

I cant make the ride on the 2nd (gonna do the Geezer ride on superbowl Sunday) as my wife is off work and wants to go spend a night in a hotel. (dont ask me why as i dont know)

Barry the dates i am looking at for his Smittyship is Feb 23rd to 26th.

Here is how i see it so far.

1 Richard (fairlaner) Thursday am

2 Barry (barabus) Wed pm or thurs am depending on Smitty

3 Tim (the Nut) Sunday pm

4 mbrinitzer (from Sac) pick your spot

5 2006FJR as above

6 Lee (He's a maybe) as above

7 Ali (Temp357) as above

R

Cool, probably some at Feejers at ASM tomorrow that are not active on this board that will want to get in on the goodies.

Barry

No problem here. Might want to extend it a day or two just because flights get delayed or you can eat up a whole day just checking into LAX. Smitty might want to ride some of SoCal. One or two day rental at Eagle rider is cheap.

I would like to buy the mount that hold the unit too. Does anyone make these in black? I added my name and the date for the install if possible. I am early morning guy so I can be there whenever you want to start.

5 Trent 2006FJR Sun early am (if possible)

7 Ali (Temp357) as above

I would like to buy the mount that hold the unit too. Does anyone make these in black? I added my name and the date for the install if possible. I am early morning guy so I can be there whenever you want to start.

5 Trent 2006FJR Sun early am (if possible)

7 Ali (Temp357) as above
Check with Skyway about the mount although Smitty did say he had the mount for $15 but not sure on the color.

And Sunday am i fine.

R

Count me in for Saturday early AM. I'm not too far, so I can be a little bit more flexible if need be. I just have to coordiante it with work if it's going to be during the weekday.

Let me throw this in and see if we can get some of the fence sitters to jump off (hey we know your out there). Smitty installed the ccs 100 on my 06A at 6000 miles, now at 16000+ still going strong not a single problem, none, nada.

Let me throw this in and see if we can get some of the fence sitters to jump off (hey we know your out there). Smitty installed the ccs 100 on my 06A at 6000 miles, now at 16000+ still going strong not a single problem, none, nada.
Airboss,

Thanks for the info. I am anxious to meet Smitty. Nobody has said anything negative about him or his work- ever. Maybe I can pick up some pointers. This farkle will sure make the ride to WFO much easier. Fairlaner has me about talked into it- the follow car, the champagne and fois gras. With little crispy toasts.

First of all, thanks for all the nice comments about my work. I do everyones stuff like it was my own. As for the dates, somewhere in the Feb. 21-26 range will work for me. I see stuff other than the cruise control wanting to be done. If there is time, this should not be a problem. I would like to do 2 to 3 a day if possible.

The AE's take longer to do because of servo placement under the tank. A models will mount in the tool tray. 04-05 non ABS will mount under the right side panel.

I have ordered a lot of cruise units from Amazon. I have never had one take longer than 7 days to receive. The ship dates have always been way off. I have even paid extra for 3 day shipping.... well got it 7 days later. I did order 4 units the other day and got a email with a tracking # the same day. But order as soon as you can to make sure you receive it in time.

I do have a simple bracket for the control pad and painted satin black. Skyway also make a very nice Hi-Tech mount that is great looking. IF YOU HAVE a AE YOU WILL NEED TO ORDER A CONTROL BRACKET FROM SKYWAY.. Heres a pic of my bracket for a A model......

IMG_0670.jpg

I would also like to take a ride for a day... The rental would be cool, But no one can tell anyone I rode a BMW.

This will be a lot of fun, and looking forward to meeting everyone.