SMOKIN DEAL !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Let us know how you like that Corbin. Oh, and we'll need the comparo ride report although, you'll have to keep the 04 around until July, ride them both to Sacramento and give us a heat report when you're done

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Done!... my week old 06A... and I thought I did a good deal... wont say now what I paid, embarrassing....lol...

Heck, even Id buy a second one for that price....lol

Mosa

The corbin is a custom job I think.....

Is the riders seat extra low or the passenger seat extra high?????

My stock Corbin.

110580422-L.jpg

Whip

My only question???

What the hell were you doing at an HD dealer??? :angry2:

Congrats, great deal, damn I'm jealous....

ScooterG, er, I mean Dave, congrats on your new bike. Whats to become of the '04? You got too many miles on it? Diane looking to do some canyon carving of her own? :D

You probably got that kind of deal from a HD dealer, as many of the clan would consider 2800 miles A LOT for a MC, especially a piece of jap crap like you have there. :p

I also have an idea of who might be the previous owner. ;)

With the insanely high mark up the Hardley Rideable dealers have, he could have given you that FJR and still made a tidy profit, if the previous owner traded it on a New Hardley.

My dumbass brother-inlaw bought an 06 1200 "sportster" LOL, paid nearly $15k for a bike with an MSRP of $9800.

Having had it a year now he hates it and can't get out from under it, I told him to ride to the local Hardley haunt and tell the collective that he rode it all the way to Daytona from Pensacola without it breaking down.

They should be all over it like white on rice :p

It didn't make it all the way back though, started puking gobs of oil through the air filter and we had to trailer it back from Tallahassee.

"Harley Davidson, the only company able to mix fuel and air in an internal combustion engine without the consequence of horsepower"

Nice deal on the 06 though, glad you got it away from all those farm implements and out on the open road where it belongs.

Skippy

Outstanding!

Congrats on being at the right place at the right time. Info is priceless, if only I knew about the forum(thereby D&H) before plunking down with the local dealer

With the insanely high mark up the Hardley Rideable dealers have, he could have given you that FJR and still made a tidy profit, if the previous owner traded it on a New Hardley.
My dumbass brother-inlaw bought an 06 1200 "sportster" LOL, paid nearly $15k for a bike with an MSRP of $9800.

Having had it a year now he hates it and can't get out from under it, I told him to ride to the local Hardley haunt and tell the collective that he rode it all the way to Daytona from Pensacola without it breaking down.

They should be all over it like white on rice :p

It didn't make it all the way back though, started puking gobs of oil through the air filter and we had to trailer it back from Tallahassee.

"Harley Davidson, the only company able to mix fuel and air in an internal combustion engine without the consequence of horsepower"

Nice deal on the 06 though, glad you got it away from all those farm implements and out on the open road where it belongs.

Skippy
too bad about your brother... My SIL (she's not ready to ride FJR's yet..) bought an 05 used Sporty, 1300 miles, not a scratch, factory modified (headwork, different pipes, rejetted, K&N filter, it has a special sticker), OTD for $8200 including financing.....

rides really nice and has enuf power for normal peeps...

I don't consider the peeps who ride FJR's "normal" ... <LOL>

It's something about long rides and the SPEED, I think..... not that anyone here would ever consider going over the speed limit... or anything like that..... :rofl:

Mary

Well I'm jealous. I paid 9500 for an '05 with 7500 miles and without all the farkles. I'm going to pout now.Congrats!

That's actually not a bad deal at all.... I paid $11500 for an 05 sight unseen (except for pics)...but it does have a whole bunch of farkles on it, and I did get it last April. Had 2500 miles on it, I think....

mary

So one FJR ain't enought huh. Geesh, those must be nice bikes. Gots ta get me one. I'll give ya $10,000 for that one??.........no?

Wow! some people can fall into crap and come out smelling like a rose. :p

Dave congrats. on the new scoot and welcome to the blue side. :D

SCORE!

Wow, that's amazing... I'm assuming you won't like the Corbin, nobody does, so send it to me for disposal and I'll take care of it.

I thought it was, "Harley Davidson: An engineering marvel that converts fossil fuel into noise without making all the bothersome horsepower."

So thanks to Lee for the heads up about the 2006 on the BARF board, I'm now the owner of two FJRS ! :yahoo:
I don't know if the HD dealer did not know how rare a bike he had, or maybe didn't want FJR horsepower bleeding all over his showrom floor.... who cares... but I stole a 2006A, with 2800 miles for $9600!! :clapping: :clapping:

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend stripping down the 04 !!! :D
Dave, yes you are a STEALER, you got a great deal. IMHO, every guy deserves TWO FJRs so that you can ride no-stop when one is down from maintenance or needs tires, etc. Blue and Silver FJRs are cool in anyone's garage, ask me how i know. Hope your back is back in shape so you can hop from one to the other without missing a beat!!<LOL> :p

So thanks to Lee for the heads up about the 2006 on the BARF board, I'm now the owner of two FJRS ! :yahoo:

I don't know if the HD dealer did not know how rare a bike he had, or maybe didn't want FJR horsepower bleeding all over his showrom floor.... who cares... but I stole a 2006A, with 2800 miles for $9600!! :clapping: :clapping:

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend stripping down the 04 !!! :D
Dave, yes you are a STEALER, you got a great deal. IMHO, every guy deserves TWO FJRs so that you can ride no-stop when one is down from maintenance or needs tires, etc. Blue and Silver FJRs are cool in anyone's garage, ask me how i know. Hope your back is back in shape so you can hop from one to the other without missing a beat!!<LOL> :p

[/quot

ill sell my 06, 4k miles, new condition, extras, $11200...pm me