Smuggler Alternative (TailGunner)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only that.....it'll probably leak anyways..... :rolleyes:
As long as it doesn't leak more than RadioHowie we should be OK, I guess we could always line the inside with Depends!

IMG_0032.jpg

EDIT: Dork Boi Biker Geek took this picture of Rat Face!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what do you know? It's a CLUSTERFUCK.

Told ya so! Neener, neener, neener!

:finger:
G, Ironing out ClusterFucks is what I do for a living! I deal with Spoiled Kazillionairs jumping up and down yelling and screaming at me about a scratch on their $50 million dollar aircraft that I didn't put there every day. It's all part of the game. My customer list include Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh and every Wall Street hedge fund manager you can think of. I'm in Hell on a regular basis. I'm very comfortable there. I've had to "very gently" bend them over and spank their asses too when they get out of hand. This situation right here is like a beautiful afternoon walk in Disney. These people don't scare me! :)

I Got this Bro!! I Got this!! :lol:

Don it's about having storage on the back seat not in place of the top box. I use both top box and smuggler. The smuggler is where I stash gloves, tire pressure gauge, rags, GPS, earphones, snaks and water while the top is where I put gear or camping equipment. It's nice to have a place to store those little things and not have to have them rolling around a top case or side case. You can also leave all the cases at home and just run the smuggler. More versatile storage.
Bingo. That's my setup as well. Many different options, depending on what is needed for that day's ride.

8226153381_507e783f81_z.jpg

Falko, the Front of the box is 14" wide and the rear of the box is 10" wide. All other measurements are the same as the website says. I took a lot of different views so all of you guys can see it on the bike. I had a blast doing this.

Thanks for taking the measurements, I do appreciate it. But it is too small for my needs. Looks like a great case though.

G, Ironing out ClusterFucks is what I do for a living! I deal with Spoiled Kazillionairs jumping up and down yelling and screaming at me about a scratch on their $50 million dollar aircraft that I didn't put there every day. It's all part of the game. My customer list include Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh and every Wall Street hedge fund manager you can think of. I'm in Hell on a regular basis. I'm very comfortable there. I've had to "very gently" bend them over and spank their asses too when they get out of hand. This situation right here is like a beautiful afternoon walk in Disney. These people don't scare me! :)

Is THIS what you're trying to say?

https://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/cajw_2007/glenda-good-witch-of-the-north-meme-generator-everyone-calm-the-****-down-i-got-this-eb4944.jpg

Is THIS what you're trying to say?

https://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/cajw_2007/glenda-good-witch-of-the-north-meme-generator-everyone-calm-the-****-down-i-got-this-eb4944.jpg
Yes it is!!! Thanks CAJW. :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't have said it better myself!! I just got back home from a trip to Tampa.

Latest Update! 4 emails and 3 voicemails and no response yet. He's a one man show and must have taken some time off. The first batch of flat boxes must be almost done by now. We should hear from him shortly. So.... In the words of my esteemed colleague CAJW...

EVERYONE SHOULD JUST Calm the **** Down!! I GOT THIS!!!! :lol:

CONTACT!!!! :yahoo: He just called me back. We talked and Here's the Deal. He said that the rear seat pocket is doable. Basically it'll be the original Base Plate being cut and trimmed for the FJR. Which means that it'll be the original Box with the inner reinforcing plate and Base Plate. He wants to make this as aesthetically pleasing as possible so he's going to keep it as low as possible in the pocket. I agree!

That means those of us that have the OEM Top Box Rack will have to take it off when you're using this thing for clearance when lifting the lid. I have no problem with that. I told him we were looking at a target price of $400 for the whole set up. He said that sounds about right and it may even be a little less. He said He'll eat the time he's going to take to develop this and there just might have to be a minimum number of units requested to keep the cost of making the first batch of FJR Base Plates down. That sound about right to me.

It'll be set up where you can use it in the seat pocket and be able to lift it off and move it to the rear rack in minutes. I'm going to address the possibility of using it in the seat pocket and still using the OEM Top Box too. Where there's a will, there's a way! ;)

Now.... He did say there might be an issue with the looks of it at first because once he makes the Set up for our bike, there might be need for an aesthetic skirt to cover up the day light between the set up and our side fairing. But, lets cross that bridge when we get to it! That means YOU BEEMERDONS!! :)

So, right now I'm going to remove the Top Box Rack and take my bike over to his shop an leave it there for a few days. He said he's crazy busy for about a week but after that, he'll get to work on this thing. Lets hope for the best. It's all we can do. Cheers :)

And Oh by the Way!! Scooter G! I GOT THIS BRO!! I GOT THIS!!! :D

Wowser, it took five full minutes for me to get from the Board Software thread to this Parts and Accessories thread, being senile I now have forgotten what I was going to say!

"That means those of us that have the OEM Top Box Rack will have to take it off when you're using this thing for clearance when lifting the lid. I have no problem with that….."

Yeah, it all came back to me: majicmaker I know you worked hard on this project, but your sentence above just queered the deal for me, this's just unworkable for Papa Chuy!