Smuggler Alternative (TailGunner)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wowser, it took five full minutes for me to get from the Board Software thread to this Parts and Accessories thread, being senile I now have forgotten what I was going to say!

"That means those of us that have the OEM Top Box Rack will have to take it off when you're using this thing for clearance when lifting the lid. I have no problem with that.."

Yeah, it all came back to me: majicmaker I know you worked hard on this project, but your sentence above just queered the deal for me, this's just unworkable for Papa Chuy!
You must have not read the part where I said I'll address that very issue with him and see what we can do to make that happen. It shouldn't be a big deal to do.
Where the hell are the smiley faces?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowser, it took five full minutes for me to get from the Board Software thread to this Parts and Accessories thread, being senile I now have forgotten what I was going to say!

"That means those of us that have the OEM Top Box Rack will have to take it off when you're using this thing for clearance when lifting the lid. I have no problem with that.."

Yeah, it all came back to me: majicmaker I know you worked hard on this project, but your sentence above just queered the deal for me, this's just unworkable for Papa Chuy!
You must have not read the part where I said I'll address that very issue with him and see what we can do to make that happen. It shouldn't be a big deal to do.
Where the hell are the smiley faces?!
Vic, Bustanut joker stole them when he left!

You must have not read the part where I said I'll address that very issue with him and see what we can do to make that happen. It shouldn't be a big deal to do.Where the hell are the smiley faces?!
Vic, Bustanut joker stole them when he left!
Why... That Son of a Bitch!! :))

He's a sore looser.

...in fact....he's probably a lot looser after all the typing he's done the past couple of days.

majic -- looking forward to a pic of the seat pocket mock up. I'm not using the Yamaha trunk, but have a V46 with SW Motech mount...might just be enough difference to work with this set-up.

--G

The board appears to be loading noticeably slower than it used to. . . Yep, I'm keeping my eyes open on this thread, too, because I'm interested in how the price is going to shake out for loading on the back mount. I guess I just don't understand why Yamaha made that thing so that it needs something mounted to it, before you can mount something to that. . . Does that make sense? :)

huh.png
I'm thinking they did that so the load could be distributed across more real estate than that little rear rack can provide. Other than that, who knows!

The board appears to be loading noticeably slower than it used to. . . Yep, I'm keeping my eyes open on this thread, too, because I'm interested in how the price is going to shake out for loading on the back mount. I guess I just don't understand why Yamaha made that thing so that it needs something mounted to it, before you can mount something to that. . . Does that make sense? :)
How were they supposed to know if you we're going to mount a givi rack or a shad rack or a Yamaha trunk?

They should have had provisions for that, johnny.......provisions..........

Johnny80s, your avatar needs some head!

Want 'zilla's phone number???
That's Funny! But, Did you know yours stopped kicking the stick figure in the nuts?
Yeah...
sad.png

Apparently animated GIFs don't work under the new software.

Gonna have to find something else that's offensive.....
Steve-O, just post up a picture of either HotRodZilla or SkooterG; as ugly as those two Bastards are, everyone will be offended!

I am very much looking forward to pics of the pellon seat replacement.

It would be great to have easy on/easy off storage.

I am very interested.

Guy from GSessories emailed me back. He said he has been crazy busy finishing the project he's been working on now but, he'll be ready to start our project next week. He'll give me a call on when to bring my bike down there. I got my top truck rack off. The bolts were seized so I had to break the rack and buy a new one. Now all is ready! This ship is about to sail ladies and gentlemen!
superman.gif