Smuggler Alternative

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They give dimensions on site. Yes it will hold a thermos and there would be room for a spare pair of gloves as well as some of Bust's rubber toys. Now if I can get them to make a pilon mount, or I can modify my spare rear seat pan.....
I'm thinking the same thing Chuck. My brain is racing thinking about the options. I'm sure one of those plates will be modifiable to my OEM top case base plate. Damn You Johnny! Another project to build. :)

If you come up with a design that will mount in the rear seat let me know. You know where to find me. :D

I was planning to bite the bullet on a smuggler after I recover from the RDL group buy. This could fill that need and leave mucho fundage for other farkles, like canyon cages.

Their basic "case only" is $199 and mounts to anything you can get bolts in if I read correctly.

I was planning to bite the bullet on a smuggler after I recover from the RDL group buy. This could fill that need and leave mucho fundage for other farkles, like canyon cages.

Their basic "case only" is $199 and mounts to anything you can get bolts in if I read correctly.
You're right and at 15 liters, that's plenty of room for our stuff when we're flying solo and don't have to deal with the tonnage needed for all the "Necessities" our lady friends "can't live without" :)

It actually looks like the case the European MotoCop Bikes have on their bikes. I think those are cool and very useful. :D

I'm thinking the same thing Chuck. My brain is racing thinking about the options. I'm sure one of those plates will be modifiable to my OEM top case base plate. Damn You Johnny! Another project to build. :)

If you come up with a design that will mount in the rear seat let me know. You know where to find me. :D
I notice you may be a bit closer to them than I. (hint)

Here is part of the reply I just got;

The BMW tail section is designed so that we can replace the seat and adapt our TailGunner mount. The Yamaha had no intentions of such a thing. We have actually made a rear seat / TailGunner replacement prototype for one other bike. The Ducati Multistrada 1200. We just haven't had enough demand to warrant putting it into production. If by any chance you are in South Florida, you are welcomed to come by our shop and we can possibly make something especially for you. But until then, we have no plans to do so.

We however DO have plans of making our new TopGunner case work with your OEM luggage rack. It is almost identical to our TailGunner, but does without the pricy mounting plate

The BMW tail section is designed so that we can replace the seat and adapt our TailGunner mount. The Yamaha had no intentions of such a thing. We have actually made a rear seat / TailGunner replacement prototype for one other bike. The Ducati Multistrada 1200. We just haven't had enough demand to warrant putting it into production. If by any chance you are in South Florida, you are welcomed to come by our shop and we can possibly make something especially for you. But until then, we have no plans to do so.

We however DO have plans of making our new TopGunner case work with your OEM luggage rack. It is almost identical to our TailGunner, but does without the pricy mounting plate
Ohhhhh Baby! I think I just noticed a disturbance in the Force! (In my pants). I didn't pay too much attention when I went to their site as to their location. I'll check that out now. If I'm close, I'll be there in a NY minute! :lol:

I sent them an email. Do you know where they are? I couldn't find their address on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohhhhh Baby! I think I just noticed a disturbance in the Force! (In my pants). I didn't pay too much attention when I went to their site as to their location. I'll check that out now. If I'm close, I'll be there in a NY minute! :lol:

I sent them an email. Do you know where they are? I couldn't find their address on the site.
Dork. For such a fart smeller................

Google search says Hallandale Beach. 56 miles away from you. Think you can handle that?

:p

But will it hold a thermos?
Ask Majicmaker.......... :rofl:
Strange looking thermos, but yes.

liveammo.jpg
Amazingly that's Vic's Christmas card this year, mine arrived yesterday in the mail box!

Dork. For such a fart smeller................

Google search says Hallandale Beach. 56 miles away from you. Think you can handle that?

:p
Thanks G! I lived minutes from there a while back. I'll ride down there and talk to them. I'll let them use my bike as a Ginny pig.

But will it hold a thermos?
Ask Majicmaker.......... :rofl:
Strange looking thermos, but yes.

liveammo.jpg
Amazingly that's Vic's Christmas card this year, mine arrived yesterday in the mail box!
Don! You need to move the Hallendale Beach FL. Nice place. That's where really old people go to die. You'll fit right in! :lol:

Ok! I just got off the phone with the man who makes the Majic at GSessories. Nicest guy you can imagine. He invited me over on Friday after thanksgiving to show me his operation. He said he talked to Chuck about making the mount for the rear seat and its definitely doable. He says adapting the box to the OEM top box base plate will be a piece of cake! :clapping:

He also mentioned that he's working on another box that's a little more user friendly. I have know idea what that means but, I can't wait to see it. :D

I will take many pictures and I'll be on this like a bad rash. I'll keep youz guyz posted! :)

Great news. It has been too long coming for something like this.
Yep! I've stayed away from the Smuggler for many reasons. This thing has none of those reasons. It might not be as pretty but, it'll do the job and I'll be able to pick and choose where I want to put it on any given day. Love it! I'm sick and tired of spending $$$ on soft tail bags that look like crap in no time. :)

I'd be in for one. Maybe you should hit him up for some kind of "group buy" for forum members so they could get an idea of the interest level.

I'd be in for one. Maybe you should hit him up for some kind of "group buy" for forum members so they could get an idea of the interest level.
Not a bad idea Spud! I'll bring the subject up with him. I'll post that up shortly on Group/Self Buys to get an idea of how many he'd have to make. :)

Ok! I just got off the phone with the man who makes the Majic at GSessories. Nicest guy you can imagine. He invited me over on Friday after thanksgiving to show me his operation where they Bondo'd his penis to his rectum..He said he talked to Chuck about making this possible for me rear and its definitely doable. He says a piece of cake, or ass, is all I need to come up with for payment... :clapping:

He also mentioned that he's working on another butt that's a little more user friendly. I have know idea what that means but, I can't wait to see it. :D

I will take many pictures and I'll be on this like a case of syphilic rash. I'll keep youz guyz posted! :)

Keen!!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to be notified of new posts here, the forum is broke, someone call maintenance.

If there's anything I can do to help get this rolling, just holla. It was going to be new years weekend before I could get down there.

Maybe now I'll go to Key West...