Smuggler Alternative

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are now on the list Dennis! But, this was the original thread started by johnny80's. I started a thread called: Smuggler Alternative (TailGunner). That's the one we're working this project on now.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Critical Eye:[/size] I looked at the Gsessories TailGunner Top Case and found that it didn’t look very good on a lot of bikes. In fact, the only bikes that I thought it looked good on were the BMW BS in white and grey, Suzuki DRZ, SuperTen in Black mounted as pillion seat, and the KLR grey w/black top. In other words mostly only duo sport-adventure style bikes when used at a top box. Ruined the looks of the Ducati’s, and the DL650 in any color, and any other bike that had styling or sport designs. It looks okay in the pillion seat when shown there as in the original photo and the one SuperTen in blue and the GS’s, but as a top box it sucks. My cheap $50 JCW top box looks better. IMO.
ohmy.png
) And it costs $400 plus when in a color or where shown for a specific bike. A lot to not like, but then again, I went the $700 for the smuggler, so I’m kind of a dumb ass when it comes to over spending for something I really want, but it looks good.
Blu, this thing is going to be made for the FJR. He'll make it look as attractive as possible. It's all going to be in the eye of the beholder. At least we'll have a choice.
smile.png

thanks majicmaker. I found the other thread and have gone through it and also marked it to be followed. I am interested in the box that would mount to the rear luggage rack. Neat and clean installation. I don't know where all the money is going to come from. I need to have the forks and shocks worked on (probably at KFG) when I have the money and then the box. Also have plans to mount a pair of Hella F50 lights on Gerauld brackets so that has to be funded. .

thanks majicmaker. I found the other thread and have gone through it and also marked it to be followed. I am interested in the box that would mount to the rear luggage rack. Neat and clean installation. I don't know where all the money is going to come from. I need to have the forks and shocks worked on (probably at KFG) when I have the money and then the box. Also have plans to mount a pair of Hella F50 lights on Gerauld brackets so that has to be funded. .
I feel your pain Dennis, I won the Ohlins shock at the EOM and decided to get the forks done too. Would have been relatively cheap until my right fork was found corroded. That hit me up for an extra $420 that I wasn't expecting. Good thing I love this bike but, OUCH!!
not_i.gif