So long new 2006 FJR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok then, how can YAMAHA fix my bike then?

I can't fricken believe you guys who suggest to modify the piss out of a brand new bike to fix a major problem that can and does pose a safety hazard. Try riding this 06 FJR pig in the rain after a 600 mile day on an off ramp. I have one with 1800 miles and am trying desparately to like this thing, but the throttle is like a light switch. No....., more like a 600 vac wall contactor!!! I have owned an R1, ZX11, several FI BMWs. This thing has got the crappiest mapping by a long shot. I just rode an 06 ZX10 and it is smooth as glass. C'mon Yamaha, this is supposed to be a refined ST..... I certainly hope a remap will fix the FI problems as the rest of the package is very well put together. Could be lighter too.

Don in Springfield

By the time my '06 got to its 600 mile service it felt terrible, worse than my '03 did. However, after having the TBS done, throttle cable adjusted, etc...WOW! Back to a 1 pc. bike again!!! Over 2400 miles on her now and of the 78 bikes I've had none come closer to the "perfect" bike for what I like in a motorcycle.

Let the dealer check and adjust...then ride her. The only item I've added were the Grip Puppies as the frequency of the vibes thru the throttle were not pleasant. They have helped. The biggest throttle "problem" I have is keeping it from opening to far-constantly-and "offending" any LEOs!! LOL! DFO :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 4500 miles on my 06 and you'll get used to it. I'm smoother all the time. My YZ dirt bike has a very touchy throttle but you get used to not having to move the wrist too much. Hang in there.

WOW...

I cant really believe that you all are such soft pansies! This thread is pointless! :haha:

All very interesting. I love my 06 FJR. In fact, I really like that the throttle is so resposive. On my 1800 Wing, I have to really turn the throttle a lot to get the responsiveness -- twist, then twist more. With the FJR, I can go from off to full throttle in one twist -- I actually like that. I did the "one-turn release" of the middle spring and found that very helpful on my wrist. Vista Cruise also helps!

So far, very nice! Sorry it did not work out for you.

I could give a shit about this guy and his fuckin' piece of shit bike. I'm just glad to see tits 'n ass for peeps avatars!
SHOW US YOUR BOOBIES!!!!! :good:
here's a new tee shirt for ya :D

back.jpg

click it for the website

I hit 150 miles this weekend on mine and it is the first bike I have ever owned. I have noticed that mine is very sensitive but that's about it and most of that I feel is me and not the bike. Mine hasn't thrown anything at me that I wasn't able to handle yet. I just have to be very aware of the throttle and touch gently.

Hello I hate to say this but my new 2006 with 150 miles is going back to the dealer :bad: ! The throttle problem is sonething I cannot tolerate. It almost dumped me twice both times in turns!. Now I have been riding motorcycles since 1968,and no bike has been this touchy :angry: !Yes I did the jumper mod ,I did the spring thing and installed larger grips, still the same on-off response! What kills me is a friend of mine has a 2003FJR and there’s nowhere near that control problem! I understand Yamaha changed the throttle pulley and I’m quiet sure that’s the problem, I don’t want to fool around with replacing it with a 05 pulley I don’t have the time.Soooo If the dealer wants to stick it to me too badly you will see it up for sale on the form site :mega_shok: That kills me cuz I spent 2 years lookin for the rite bike and thought this was it! :waaa:
How was it before you did the MOD"S?

Hello I hate to say this but my new 2006 with 150 miles is going back to the dealer :bad: ! The throttle problem is sonething I cannot tolerate. It almost dumped me twice both times in turns!. Now I have been riding motorcycles since 1968,and no bike has been this touchy :angry: !Yes I did the jumper mod ,I did the spring thing and installed larger grips, still the same on-off response! What kills me is a friend of mine has a 2003FJR and there’s nowhere near that control problem! I understand Yamaha changed the throttle pulley and I’m quiet sure that’s the problem, I don’t want to fool around with replacing it with a 05 pulley I don’t have the time.Soooo If the dealer wants to stick it to me too badly you will see it up for sale on the form site :mega_shok: That kills me cuz I spent 2 years lookin for the rite bike and thought this was it! :waaa:

With only 150 miles what made you do those mods? 4 posts but you've been looking for 2 years? Maybe once you put your first tank of gas in it will go away.

Ok Now the rest of the story! As you all know people who are members to this form are fanatics about their FJRs, I wanted to be one also! I did not want to whine but my bike was ridden by both a rider who raced ,and a owner of a 03 FJR both said the bike was not as as it should be, the power on-off could be controlled by judicial clutch work, my main concern was getting hurt before figuring out the clutch power finesse,! Now not all pit bulls are dangerous but some are! This bike has some new modifications for 2006 and mine was simply a bad pit bull, yours was not! I did not and will not delve into the inner workings of the engine. This is a new bike and I should not have to, and I neither have the time or energy to do so!

You see I am a Surgical Technician, who specializes in Neuro Surgery, and I have seen more than my share of accidents and deaths from bikers who either did dumb things of or someone has dumb things to them! When I lost control of my bike I prevented it from falling by holding it up from terra firma with my left leg which has had 5 Surgeries on it as it was, and I do not want any more! The one thing I have learned form 25 years of fixing broken people is that surgery does not always make you better but it will make you different!!

TRUST ME I also waited months for my bike. That was after two years of going to bike shows reading and asking questions. I also was ecstatic when I first though a leg over, Finaly the bike I wanted for long distance touring, was here!! It a great let down to say the least! Now do not get me wrong I still like the bike I like the power I love the breaking I loved the handling, there is no doubt this is a sweet bike but mine was not!! Yes I traded it to my dealer who understood and I now an the owner of A 2006 Warrior, there are a lot of things I will miss about the FJR!!!! I will look at one down the road Who knows maybe 2008FJR :yes: O.K Barney Put the bullet in your gun and fire away! I'll keep checking in from time too time to see whats up!! By the way my last bike was 750 Cruser! ;)

Gotta give you one thing... You sure hooked a lot of Fish with this thread.

If your coming from a cruiser, it's a hell of a big step up into the FJR's, 150 miles is not a very fair evaluation of the bike. It has probably over double the horsepower than your previous bike and Ya it can be touchy.

If you don't want to do your own maintenance I'm sure that any number of Forum Members would do it for you for say....... $10.000 retainer. (Oh, Plus Parts)

I hit 150 miles this weekend on mine and it is the first bike I have ever owned. I have noticed that mine is very sensitive but that's about it and most of that I feel is me and not the bike. Mine hasn't thrown anything at me that I wasn't able to handle yet. I just have to be very aware of the throttle and touch gently.
A feejer as a first bike is a tall request. Take it very easy until you get the hang of things. Way too much power for the average beginner.
Welcome to the marque - and good luck.

>> You see I am a Surgical Technician, who specializes in Neuro Surgery, <<

Oh, a brain surgeon... I would have guessed rocket scientist.

>> You see I am a Surgical Technician, who specializes in Neuro Surgery, <<
Oh, a brain surgeon... I would have guessed rocket scientist.
No he is a "TECHNICIAN" not the surgeon. He is like a nurse. No insult intended... Just explaining the position roughly...

Seems they prepare the equipment and keep the surgical environment sterile. Not sure if they are above or below the surgical nurse, from my understanding they don't assist with the surgery really.

Guess I'd better git rid of that nasty 04 of mine, damn thing got ugly when I ham fisted the throttle yesterday, front end reared up so fast... busted my nuts against the tank :blink: I had to pull off to the side an take a few minutes to recover, great fun for the ridin' buds tho :clapping:

:jester:

Guess I'd better git rid of that nasty 04 of mine, damn thing got ugly when I ham fisted the throttle yesterday, front end reared up so fast... busted my nuts against the tank :blink: I had to pull off to the side an take a few minutes to recover, great fun for the ridin' buds tho :clapping:
:jester:
My front wheel keeps coming off of the ground going over small hills and accelerating.

At first I thought there was a problem but my friends asked me, "What it only happened going over 1 hill?" :lol:

Simply stated Sir:

The FJR is over your head.

Good luck with your Warrier!

Regards, SilverStreak