So there I was...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh...

Quality time is wherever you find it. Sure, I think we all fall into the trap of feeling like it's a race to get stuff done, especially those things maybe we aren't so fond of. For me that's stuff like yard work, or working around the house...

But when it's doing stuff on the bike you just have to slow down and ask yourself: "what would I rather be doing?"

You can't ride all the time. Can you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate; I've had days like that!

I've had a hard time with those same fuel tank bolts and have replaced them with better ones from my local hardware store. I also have a real hard time stirpping the socket part of the little 6mm x 1.0 bolts that are all over on the body panels. I bet ya I've gone through a dozen of them. The regular (no shoulder) versions are easy to find, but not so the shouldered ones. Those must be made to spec for Yamaha, so I just try to have some on hand and really pay attention to how I have the allen wrench in it.

I live sorta in the woods, so closest place for many things is ~10 miles. It sucks to forget something, and that's worse when you do it more than that!

We've all had jobs go like that...LOL. More than I care to mention or think about.

Sounds just ike me though, except that it's 35 miles one-way to the nearest Home Depot, Lowes, hardware store.

My FJR is too new to need service right now, but I've got to do the service on my Goldwing trike here pretty soon.

I suspect FJR will get the workout running back/forth to the store for that one.

I can relate; I've had days like that!
I've had a hard time with those same fuel tank bolts and have replaced them with better ones from my local hardware store. I also have a real hard time stirpping the socket part of the little 6mm x 1.0 bolts that are all over on the body panels. I bet ya I've gone through a dozen of them. The regular (no shoulder) versions are easy to find, but not so the shouldered ones. Those must be made to spec for Yamaha, so I just try to have some on hand and really pay attention to how I have the allen wrench in it.

I live sorta in the woods, so closest place for many things is ~10 miles. It sucks to forget something, and that's worse when you do it more than that!
I've never had this sort of problem with the Honda ST and NT bolts like this. If one could figure out which ones would cross-match, maybe this would be worth a try.