SoCal Ride Report 12-20-08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Say what you will about Commifornia. It's a state that is so far in debt it's near bankruptcy, it's ungovernable, it's filled with fruit cakes and quacks, but the weather is priceless.

It started off real cold. Ynotride (Corona) and Santa Fe Dreamin (Fallbrook) said it was 35º at their places and it was below 40º when I woke up but, when I left it was in the mid 40's, getting toasty. Probably around the high 50's low 60's most of the afternoon.

We all met up at the Oso Pkwy Chevron where the sun was out and it was getting warm. Time to shed some layers and liners fast!

Jdog and Fairlaner were there first, in record time of course.... FJRBluesman arrived then ynotride. ynotride received a call from jordylad something about a mishap.... ynotride was dispatched to investigate, I think someone got pictures of this alleged mishap.

Riders:

FJRBluesman

Fairlaner

Jdog

Ynotride

Santa Fe Dreamin & Kevin

ML-FJRAE & Frank

Low Level FJRPilot

Jordylad

Tonyrob

We then made it over to Tonyrob's in Dana Point. We met up with some biker chicks, they were faster then Jdog, Fairlaner, and Santa Fe Dreamin combined! They even took our picture. We then headed up Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) to Long Beach to eat lunch at the Yard House. This place has great food and like four thousand different beers. We then had a nasty snow storm in Long Beach. In the pictures this is how we do snow in SoCal.

Fairlaner was challenging Santa Fe Dreamin to some... lets say.... some spirited little jaunts between stop lights. Jdog was doing his best to not wear out his front tire by keeping it lofted. He was also taking video, I think mostly of the sky...

Fairlaner then took us through Beautiful San Pedro and we stopped at the Korean Bell Memorial. He then took us through Palos Verdes (PV), we couldn't even afford to pay the property taxes on these homes. We also hit some short but fun twisties. Of course where Failaner is so are the LEO's, we behaved. Fantastic views from cliffs over looking the Pacific ocean. Then we all parted ways to our homesteads.

It was great meeting everyone and seeing our other forum member friends. Always a blast! Thanks guys. Post up other photos and comments.

The gang in Dana Point.

100_10882.jpg

Crazy fast biker chicks.

100_10862.jpg

The gang at the Yard House, Long Beach. Note, Tonyrob's pink concourse.

100_10902.jpg

How we do snow in SoCal. Note, ice blocks from the trailer being fed into cloud hopper of doom to make snow.

100_10922.jpg

Eating outside, our view at lunch from the Yard House, Long Beach Harbor.

100_10952.jpg

Korean Bell Memorial.

100_11042.jpg

Korean Bell Memorial view of Pacific Ocean. AWESOME!

100_11082.jpg

Palos Verdes (PV) spot.

100_11112.jpg

PV Million dollar cliff view over looking Pacific.

100_11162.jpg

The homes and views we could never afford.

100_11182-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: