SoCal Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil San Diego

One of "...those guys..."
Reaction score
OK, the ride to Big Bear is on. Sunday October 28th.

Details at this point:

When?

Sunday October 28
Where to meet?

Temecula off 15 at the 79 (Temecula Pkwy), at "the Shell gas station with the big flag" (29115 Front Street, Temecula, CA)
Redlands Starbucks (651 Orange St, Redlands, CA 92374)
Time?

9AM (Temecula)
10?AM (Redlands)
KSU?

9:30AM (Temecula)
10:30AM (Redlands)
Route?

https://mapq.st/VifE4L

see here
https://mapq.st/VifE4L

Lunch?

Old Country Inn, Big Bear (41126 Big Bear Boulevard, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315)
Details can be changed as needed Let me know who's in.

Riding:

(Meeting at Temecula)

Neil San Diego

Jimm

Johnny80s

Pegscraper and MsNASCAR

Glamisking

Sante Fe Dreamin' and wife

Cometman

Slappy

(Meeting at Redlands)

LgFJR

djbill

ynotride and Andrea

kman09

Not Joining in for all the Comradery and Fun:

Beemerdons

Fairlaner

GalaxyBlue

McRide

FJRBluesman

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Neil, since you seem to be the Ringmaster for the SoCal Circus of Clowns and Jesters: Are you mokes going to the IMS Motorcycle show in Long Beach over December 7-9?
Ringmaster of this group? Hardly, that would be kinda like herding cats, doncha think? Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure that Janet and I will be going again this year.

Yo Neil, since you seem to be the Ringmaster for the SoCal Circus of Clowns and Jesters: Are you mokes going to the IMS Motorcycle show in Long Beach over December 7-9?
Ringmaster of this group? Hardly, that would be kinda like herding cats, doncha think? Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure that Janet and I will be going again this year.

I should be in......these Big Bear runs are always great......may join up somewhere along the way tho.......

I'm sucked in as usual.

MsNASCAR will be joining us too.

The 2009 Big Bear ride we were split into 3 groups and we were in this one:

376311792.jpg

And ended up in this one:

376311795.jpg

Now the last Big Bear ride was 2010 and it was going to the . . . Duke:

388189465.jpg

A little something for everyone.

This is my favorite picture from those rides...

Bunch-O-Bikes.jpg

Sante Fe Dreaming, MsNASCAR, and djbill catching the sun...

(sorry, I don't recall who the fourth person on the far left is)

https://www.motorcycleshows.com/long-beach Yo Neil, since you seem to be the Ringmaster for the SoCal Circus of Clowns and Jesters: Are you mokes going to the IMS Motorcycle show in Long Beach over December 7-9?
PO old man! That's my ride since I've been on the forum!!! I haven't posted it yet but I will some day.

I'll give this little SoCal Big Bear jaunt a shot. Is this the normal Shell meeting station?

Is this the normal Shell meeting station?
Yep, at the intersection of the 15 fwy and the 79 highway (Temecula Pkwy).

Depending on the route, we should also have a chance to pick up the LA folks somewhere further north on the way up. I'll post a route by Monday, but I'm thinking of the "Rim of the World" route (18) from the west, and into Big Bear through Running Springs. If anyone has a route to suggest, let me hear it.

Is this the normal Shell meeting station?
Yep, at the intersection of the 15 fwy and the 79 highway (Temecula Pkwy).

Depending on the route, we should also have a chance to pick up the LA folks somewhere further north on the way up. I'll post a route by Monday, but I'm thinking of the "Rim of the World" route (18) from the west, and into Big Bear through Running Springs. If anyone has a route to suggest, let me hear it.
Thanks Neil!
Address for Temecula meet and greet.

Creekside Shell

29115 Front Street, Temecula, CA

Old Country Inn

41126 Big Bear Boulevard, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

Just tryin' to help. A nice Garmin route would be cool too from the ride host for all parties form all directions. :p

Pencil me in...

Lots of variables and Planet alignment needed for this to work.
Adam - My dart champion partner (We kicked Fairlaners arse!), it would be great to see you if the planets aligned and all balances were... balanced. ;)