SoCal to TWN Memorial ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocDanDC

Reaction score
Here's what I've been thinking.

Plan A: Start out Friday 9/26 night around 7pm and ride up to Santa Barbara, Stay in Hotel and get rested for the Saturday ride and Memorial.

Plan B: Get up at Sunrise Saturday 9/27 and blaze up there early enough to do the ride and Memorial. Then stay in Hotel and ride home Sunday 9/28, well rested.

Plan C: Get up at Sunrise Saturday 9/27 and blaze up there early enough to do the ride and Memorial. Night ride home the same day.

Anyone have similar plans? I would prefer to do Plan A but it would be great to make a group ride so I'm open to any of the three choices. Lets stick together for this one. Let the plans begin!!

I have a business trip scheduled for the last two weeks of September and I will be in India. I am trying to re-schedule my trip to make it possible for me to make this ride. I will not know for sure for at least a week. If I am able to make it I will probably go the plan b route and if hotels get booked or are to expensive I might just do the plan c.

Going up Friday Night to SLO. Spending the night then bright and early heading back to Santa Barbara for the ride then home or maybe back up for one more night then home, not sure yet. My better half is from SLO and she hasnt been back in a while.

For those that are planning on heading to SB on Saturday, remember that you can meet us along the route. It will include some 33, 166, Foxen Canyon riding, so you can plan accordingly.

I should have the route figured out and posted early next week.

DUFF,

Depending on the location of meeting points that might be a good idea. Maybe the Friday nighters would be interested in a TWN Pinks run also. :dribble:

I am off on Friday but could wait around, pull together a group of the San Diego riders that want to head up the night before and get a hotel. I found rates at a Motel 6 in Carpenteria for roughly 80 a night for double occupancy. We could meet up with DocDanDC and crew somewhere along the way as part of plan A and all ride up together. Lets start pulling something together now. It would be great to give a big show of support for this.

I'm in LA, prefer to meet ya Saturday in route. I'm only 2 hours away - unless you're up for a salute in the evening in SB requiring no driving afterwards; i'll head back Saturday night.

I'm thinking Plan B is going to work out best for many. Easy traffic, good warm-up for the twisties, and best all we can ride together again. Good to keep the morning sun at out backs and not in our eyes for 3 hours.

So then, which hotel should we all pounce on?

I booked holiday inn for saturday night only. I will be choosing plan b and will meet up with whoever wants to leave early. I will have a pillion this time B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the sound of plan C.

Then again it only take 45 min to get there 4:00 -5:00 AM in the morning from where I live :D

I am probably a Plan C as well. Sounds like there are a couple of us from LA riding up and back for the day.

LAroo.