solo sport tail for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused. (so what's new, eh?)

If there are items that are so intrinsically undesireable in the model, why choose it in the first place? I can see modding for comfort and for accessories. Getting bent about the shaft drive seems a waste of energy. Chain drives are a PITA to maintain when doing significant miles. At the same time shafts are a PITA in eating power to the rear wheel for the WFO-for-30-minutes gang.

Why would someone spend money on one when they really want the other?

It would seem as confusing as buying an in line 4 and complaining it wasn't a V-twin.

SpeedBleeder.jpg
Always wondered how they did a drug test on these things, now I know. :D

Rad - good one... Is that Barry Bond's bike? :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. (so what's new, eh?)
If there are items that are so intrinsically undesireable in the model, why choose it in the first place? I can see modding for comfort and for accessories. Getting bent about the shaft drive seems a waste of energy. Chain drives are a PITA to maintain when doing significant miles. At the same time shafts are a PITA in eating power to the rear wheel for the WFO-for-30-minutes gang.

Why would someone spend money on one when they really want the other?

It would seem as confusing as buying an in line 4 and complaining it wasn't a V-twin.
This thread is in no way about chain drive. I simply mentioned it among other things that I would change about the fjr if I had designed it along with what I feel galaxy is trying to accomplish.

Take a R1 or any sport bike for that matter and then look at all the people who hate the stock rear end because it is designed to meet many government regulations.

They then buy a undertail to make the rear more streamlined.

This is what would be nice to have for the fjr for some people who:

A) Do not do long distance. (Yea hard to believe anyone would buy this buy for something different than you)

B) Think the rear end on this bike is completely huge and out of proportion.

C) Have no need or desire for a second rider.

D) Don't have any intension for an auxiliary fuel cell.

On and On. A undertail for a sport bike for an fjr would be nice wether you would like it or not...

Are you looking to replace the complete fender?
I wasn't quite sure we were talking the same thing. So it sounds like this is along the lines of what you want.
That's what I had in mind but not 100% it is what galaxy did.

I have a friend who has one of these on his yzf and during the day you can't see the turn signals at all.

I wouldn't want to give up safety for something like this but something with good bright lights in it with a more tappered look would be killer on the fjr...

ok,, I am not trying to reinvent the wheel ,, I just want to mod it for track days and for land speed racing at Maxton and for Bonniville ,, I like the bike the way it is for touring and scooting down the twisties ,,

so don't get your panties in a twist because you don't like or understand what I am trying to do with my bike ,,

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

ok,, I am not trying to reinvent the wheel ,, I just want to mod it for track days and for land speed racing at Maxton and for Bonniville ,, I like the bike the way it is for touring and scooting down the twisties ,,so don't get your panties in a twist because you don't like or understand what I am trying to do with my bike ,,

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:
Sorry galxy if I got some off track with one of my comments, it was unintentional.

sparky ,,

that was not in any way directed at you ,,

in fact I like hearing other opinions ,, and what others say about this bike ,,

I am not one of those guys that only likes to ride one way ,, I think the FJR can be configured in many different ways ,, super sport ,, touring ,, long distance and endurance riding ,, that is the beauty of the FJR ,, I am going to Mexico later this summer ,, a month long ride from Virginia to Puerto Escondido and then home again ,, there are very few bikes that I would do this on ,, the BMW GS 1150 Adventure would be one of those ,, oooops !!!!! did I say BMW????

Did we upset Fabone? I thought his link was the closeset to understanding what I was thinking anyway.

Hmmm.

I pmed Fabone ,,

seems he is a bit tired of having his posts pissed on ,,

I too find some replies to be kind of out of bounds ,, as I told him ,, you got to take it as dust in the wind ,, I am not a follow the next sheep to the slaughter house kind of guy as most know ,,

we all have things to add to the forum and to this line of intrest ,, I too am a bit tired of people jumping the thread with nothing to add ,, I am here to find new products for my bike ,, to make it faster ,, handle better ,, look different ,, yeah look different ,, so as far as I am concerned if you don't have something to say that will help out ,, keep your opinion to yourself :p

I pmed Fabone ,,seems he is a bit tired of having his posts pissed on ,,

I too find some replies to be kind of out of bounds ,, as I told him ,, you got to take it as dust in the wind ,, I am not a follow the next sheep to the slaughter house kind of guy as most know ,,

we all have things to add to the forum and to this line of intrest ,, I too am a bit tired of people jumping the thread with nothing to add ,, I am here to find new products for my bike ,, to make it faster ,, handle better ,, look different ,, yeah look different ,, so as far as I am concerned if you don't have something to say that will help out ,, keep your opinion to yourself :p
Huh? Radman's pee test joke or sparky's opinion pissed him off? Man. I guess we need to start a Sensitivity Training thread.

So anyway, G5. Did we get even halfway close to what your looking for? Did you PM the guru of things Yurapeen, teerex? He might be of more help here, that us Yanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pmed Fabone ,,

Huh? Radman's pee test joke or sparky's opinion pissed him off? Man. I guess we need to start a Sensitivity Training thread.

So anyway, G5. Did we get even halfway close to what your looking for? Did you PM the guru of things Yurapeen, teerex? He might be of more help here, that us Yanks.
If you look back only Radman responded with any type of negativity towards his post. I found both of them right in line with what I had in mind that galaxy5 was talking about so I don't see how you could include me in pissing on his post!

hold up ,, I just said he was tired of his other posts getting pissed on ,,

did not say sparky pissed him off !!! so don't take it personaly !!!

twn ,,

yes I am in contact with the Italin company that makes the undertail,, but it is not what I am looking for and the huger they have is close to the carbon fiber unit I am getting from GCC ,, looks like I will buy a tail section from hotbodies racing and an undertail to custom fit !!

thanks for all the intrest and help ,,

I pmed Fabone ,,

If you look back only Radman responded with any type of negativity towards his post. I found both of them right in line with what I had in mind that galaxy5 was talking about so I don't see how you could include me in pissing on his post!

Notice I said 'your opinion'. This is the sentence that I thought about in your post: "That's what I had in mind but not 100% it is what galaxy did." Didn't mean to toss you under the bus or nuttin', bro. I just think that r-man's post was rather tame and not directly addressing the poster, just the picture. So I just thought the only other comment that may have offed him would be your opine.

I retract my previously posted comment involving you. Sorry, dude. :)

Off to sensitivity training!