Soltek HID Light Kit Night Photo's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soltek light kit & FJR mounting bracket info coming soon. B) Please don't PM me at this point, I'm veeeerrrrry busy ATM. :huh:

You've heard of "The Eye's of God" coming soon: "The Eye's of the Devil"

BTW - The above phrase was not coined by me. ;)

I've seen two FJR get off's that resulted in lights that were mounted below the mirrors to get broken. (Even with sliders and 05BlueDevils drop was about average I would assume).

Which brings me to the following question:

Because these lights are so stinkin spensive... What are the chances that the mounting brackets will move them a little more forward and inward so that they are protected in a mild drop or get off?

I'd hate to wreck one of those puppies with a parking lot drop.

-MD

What are the chances that the mounting brackets will move them a little more forward and inward so that they are protected in a mild drop or get off?
This is the difference with my light bracket over the current FJR offerings.

What are the chances that the mounting brackets will move them a little more forward and inward so that they are protected in a mild drop or get off?
This is the difference with my light bracket over the current FJR offerings.
Well then... Quit reading the forum and go finish them things :yahoo:

Do we have a questimate on the price? Just an idea of aprox how much it would cost?

:dribble:

Do we have a questimate on the price? Just an idea of aprox how much it would cost?
According to WC, a lot less than retail, which is $399.00 each. The rest is classified until it's declassified.
Phuckkkkkk! Whew. I really want this thing so I guess I am going to need to close my eyes and getr done. :dribble:

Update: Progress is being made with Baja Designs. I am getting a 160 degree wide cornering light mailed out to see what this setup is all about. Then I can test 1 HID spot beam and 1 wide cornering HID. At least this way, I can get some photo's/real world riding experience to see if it's worth pursuing this combination light pattern as part of the GB.

Since the HID spot goes way far down the road and is extremely bright, it can't hurt to do a little investigating? B)

I can attest that with the spot kit alone, I am comfortable riding tight twisty roads at night and never feel like I can't see whats coming ahead. YMMV

Pweeezzzeee huwwee, Mr. Skyway..............

I need to write the check before my wife notices the money......

:rolleyes:

(but honey, the stock lights have BUGS all over them !!! )

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I can test 1 HID spot beam and 1 wide cornering HID...Since the HID spot goes way far down the road and is extremely bright, it can't hurt to do a little investigating? B)
I can attest that with the spot kit alone, I am comfortable riding tight twisty roads at night and never feel like I can't see whats coming ahead. YMMV
I thought you were testing the driving beams, as the spots were recommended against by Baja Designs as being too tight for our purposes.

Screw the cornering beams, I'll take two drivers. I've seen yours in action, and it's plenty of light for me.

Then I can test 1 HID spot beam and 1 wide cornering HID...Since the HID spot goes way far down the road and is extremely bright, it can't hurt to do a little investigating? B)
I thought you were testing the driving beams, as the spots were recommended against by Baja Designs as being too tight for our purposes.

Screw the cornering beams, I'll take two drivers. I've seen yours in action, and it's plenty of light for me.
Oops, maybe I should have said drivers. Well you know what I mean, the same type that's currently on my bike.

Skyway---you are The FarkleMeister from Hell. :devil: And you laugh about it! :dribble: Its a good thing I like you or I might just hate you...... :blink:

I'm starting to sound like the character in the movie, "What About Bob" in the scene outside the country store: "Gimme, gimme, I need...I need...I need".

Skyway---you are The FarkleMeister from Hell. :devil: And you laugh about it! :dribble: Its a good thing I like you or I might just hate you...... :blink:
And who is the new owner of a dual sport that's been teasing me via email? :lol:

You know, if we're outing each other here publicly 'n all. :D

And who is the new owner of a dual sport that's been teasing me via email? :lol:
You know, if we're outing each other here publicly 'n all. :D
Yebbut....I paid less for the KLR than I'm paying for all the farkles you keep enticing me to buy. :eek: However, if I'm investing in the economic future of "The Boss of You", I suppose its all worth it. :D

Besides, you know down deep inside, you really really really want/need a dual sport. :yahoo:

They're also very switchable between bikes, off-road vehicles, etc...
This raises the point of security. What's to stop some miscreant from easily nabbing your pretty bright baubbles??

J

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION, BATMAN !!

OK, well, I've got those on my bike, and unless you happen to be walking around with two 9/16" wrenches, they ain't going no where. You'd also have to have access to the wiring connectors (assuming that you don't just cut the wires) behind the B and C panels - so they're certainly not going to be be an 'impulse" nab -

And personally, if I saw someone dicking about with my lights, they'd probably wonder what happened ...