Solteks vs PHIDs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live by the deal, die by the deal.
I own a single working HID headlight capsule for my Land Cruiser, after the other one blew chow after one week. At $100.00 shipped, I figure it isn't worth the grief to chase down somebody on ebay in China to try and get some help.

Next time, the American guy gets my business.

I usually agree. But this guy is in CA, (gets them from China I'm sure), but we had a very candid email conversation a head of time about what I wanted.

I'm hoping that his shipping help just didn't put two and two together with the emails and notes. I expect him to make good or take them back.

We'll see.

Update: After closer examination, the box is stock, printed 6000k, but the bulbs themselves are labeled 4300k, So I *think* I'm happy...

Now to install these things. Given that I just had it all apart hooking up the motolights with their excess 5 feet of cable, I don't have a clue as to where I'm going to put the pieces. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys..I posted that I am a Hella dealer and if I can help let me know.

Cary

BUMP, waiting anxiously. :clapping:
Well, as you might imagine, a certain vendor that is now DEAD to this forum has usurped a lot of my time away from this project, and even put the Galfer Group Buy behind schedule.

The Galfer Group Buy gets launched first. That begins tomorrow. The HID project gets going strong after that.

There has been a little bit of progress in the HID project, though. More on that after the Galfer Group Buy gets going.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: Let's make that a few days.... perhaps by this weekend.
I'll start a new thread... this one seems all over the place anymore.... :blink:
Which area of the forum will you start the new thread? I need to know where to keep checking...

Just a guess, but maybe in.......................... Group Buys? :p

I'll start a new thread... this one seems all over the place anymore.... :blink:
Which area of the forum will you start the new thread? I need to know where to keep checking...

OH, there's a Group Buy sub-forum.

Er....uh...I knew that. I was just testing you guys....yeah, that's it... :huh:

No, it'll be the Tech area...... maybe Parts and Accessories....

Gotta do the Galfer Group Buy before any other....

OH, there's a Group Buy sub-forum.

Er....uh...I knew that. I was just testing you guys....yeah, that's it... :huh:
OR...you could use the "View New Posts" function...y'know, the clicky...right under the "F" in forum...on the header... :unsure:

Sorry, gents, I forgot about this one altogether.

The experiment was a disappointment. I failed to find the "PHID-killer" I was hoping to find. Just doesn't have the downrange punch you need for serious LD work.

Pity, cuz it's a beautiful lamp. ....

Eclipse1.jpg

Eclipse2.jpg

Eclipse3.jpg

GenI_SC4.jpg

GenI_SC4_front.jpg

Latest posts