something to cover lower saddlebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very well may want to try the spray on truck bed-liner on the lower part of the bags, and maybe also on the front lower triangle as that is pretty heavily sandblasted now, even with a Fendah Extenda on for most of its life.

How well does that stuff stand up to road spray?
It's been working for me...

004.jpg

Thanks, Mike. I think I'm going to do it.

Can't look much worser than it does now. :huh:

edit - I just pulled the bags off and inspected them closely. Yeah, it looks like I could make it look worse than it does.

...guess I'll just wait and maybe send the lids off to Gary in the winter. Still might do the lower triangle in truck bed, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw something similar on an FJR's bags while wondering through the parking lots of MotoGP at Laguna Seca...very similar,but they covered the entire painted area of the bag. The bags had a uniform and durable look. I liked the idea when I saw it in person.

Sorry I don't know what the stuff was. The owner of the bike I saw was understandably absent.

There was one of the guys at SFO '12 that had covers for his. They were neoprene covers and looked very cool.

They just stretched over portion of the side cases. Very simple!

I can't remember who it was.
I'd be interested in finding something like these. I've seen a picture but didn't stash away a source. These covered the edges of the bags, where the two halves fit together, but left the center of the lids visible.

My left bag was rashed pretty well previously when it fell off the bike (wasn't locked down); right bag is dinged from a drop or low speed lowside. I don't need them to look new, just not be conversation starters :)