Spencers Seat Mods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave88

Reaction score
I wish my 05 drivers seat was flat back to the passengers seat, like the 06 - present. The roll-up on the back of the interferes with my ability to move around on the seat. I'm thinking of having Spencers Seat Mods of FL work on the seat to flatten it out.

Do you any of you have experience with Spencers Mods?

I wish my 05 drivers seat was flat back to the passengers seat, like the 06 - present. The roll-up on the back of the interferes with my ability to move around on the seat. I'm thinking of having Spencers Seat Mods of FL work on the seat to flatten it out.
Search the Forum and you will get other opinions. Also, from Google, you can type in ...

Spencer site:FJRForum.com

... and Google will search the FJR Forum for you. Very cool. Search is your friend and in a little bit of time you can hear EVERYONE's opinion on this subject.

As for Spencer (GreatDayToRide.com), I had no complaints. It cost about $100 and took a week. My seat is more comfy and lower.

Rather then ask us what HE can do, write him an email. I found that he was easy to work with. In my reading on the subject, some folks were not so happy with his turnaround or something. I have no complaints.

Others get a completely new seat and claim they are the shit.

Best of luck. I am sure that your goal is to solve this ass problem once and for all, but I think that the problem goes away for a period of time depending on how much money you spend. Spend $100 and the problem is solved for a year. $300 gets you three years.

Another idea is to attend an FJR Meeting. EOM is coming up in Lewisburg WV and I plan on checking on seats as well as all the other Farkles that people will take the time to show me. I want to see soft bags and risers and cruise control.

Art

Dave, my seat is now on its way back from Spencer. It is an 08 though. I expect it to be great. He did a very good job on my ST1300 seat. he will respond with email better than calling. My seat cost $75 plus shipping. If it is good, that is a lot better than $600 russell seat.

JDP

I had spencer mod the seat from my GSXR and the results were superb. Great guy, great service, fast turn around time (If you pre arrange your shipment with him... he works on your seat himself) and he will be moddin my FJR seat in the near future. Cant be beat for the price.