Sport Touring at It's Finest - North

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Randy, times quickly approaching.
how are things progressing for this road trip(s)?
It's a go. Was at the restaurants this weekend to make sure things were all set up. Hope to see you then. Anyone has any comments/questions, lemme know.

For those unfamiliar with it, there is no registration, no fees, no nothing. Show up, eat breakfast if ya want. Head out at your own pace. Understanding there is nothing binding, who's thinking of coming?
Hi Randy - any idea what time we would meet up at the restaurant at the end? I'm 5 hours from there & would like to know if I'm going to be staying over a night (or 2)

OK Randy, times quickly approaching.
how are things progressing for this road trip(s)?
It's a go. Was at the restaurants this weekend to make sure things were all set up. Hope to see you then. Anyone has any comments/questions, lemme know.

For those unfamiliar with it, there is no registration, no fees, no nothing. Show up, eat breakfast if ya want. Head out at your own pace. Understanding there is nothing binding, who's thinking of coming?
Hi Randy - any idea what time we would meet up at the restaurant at the end? I'm 5 hours from there & would like to know if I'm going to be staying over a night (or 2)
All depends on your pace and if you stop along the way. Last year, most were done somewhere around 3.5 - 5 hrs.

I was hoping to make it this time. Turns out the wife has to go to PA that weekend.

It figures. :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to make it this time. Turns out the wife has to go to PA that weekend.It figures. :angry2:
Well. since the rides are in PA, why not just drop her off first, then come riding with us??? :rolleyes:

I may come down and stay Saturday & Sunday night. Is there a preferred motel ?

I'll be heading there from the Great Sacandaga Lake, NY. area. Anyone know a good route ?

Anyone from my area riding there Saturday want to meet some where and ride there ?

A.C.

I may come down and stay Saturday & Sunday night. Is there a preferred motel ?I'll be heading there from the Great Sacandaga Lake, NY. area. Anyone know a good route ?

Anyone from my area riding there Saturday want to meet some where and ride there ?

A.C.
There is not a preffered motel. Follow this link to view some of the hotels near the ending spot (which is just a short jaunt from the starting point). The start and end point are on a main drag (Harrisburg Pike) with lots of hotels.

Check with Iris (herfjr) or Jim (Zooomm) - not sure if they are coming, but, they might be able to suggest a good route from your area.

I may come down and stay Saturday & Sunday night. Is there a preferred motel ?I'll be heading there from the Great Sacandaga Lake, NY. area. Anyone know a good route ?

A.C.
There is not a preffered motel. Follow this link to view some of the hotels near the ending spot (which is just a short jaunt from the starting point). The start and end point are on a main drag (Harrisburg Pike) with lots of hotels.

Check with Iris (herfjr) or Jim (Zooomm) - not sure if they are coming, but, they might be able to suggest a good route from your area.
Thanks Randy

Art

Yo Randy count me in you said you had off road to, are they as bad as the one I took you guys on? C14 HHHOOOOOOOOOOO
Great to hear, Dan. This ride will be just a bit more aggressive, but, after witnessing your offroading skills on the C14, you'll be fine. Might want to bump up that preload at tad to give you a little more clearance.

A.C.
As its a 5+ hour ride for me to get there my son (rides the FZ1) & I are planning on meeting up on Saturday. We have reservations at the Comfort Suites - no idea how close / far that is from the meeting point. I will probably get on the road by 5 AM Saturday so we can get some good riding in during the afternoon.

JamminJere provided me with a nice route for our Saturday jaunt. You are certainly welcome to join us.

Of course daughter #3 decides to move to Myrtle Beach this week..... :glare: I should be back by Saturday.

Randy were you going to post the routes or make them available for download?

A.C.
As its a 5+ hour ride for me to get there my son (rides the FZ1) & I are planning on meeting up on Saturday. We have reservations at the Comfort Suites - no idea how close / far that is from the meeting point. I will probably get on the road by 5 AM Saturday so we can get some good riding in during the afternoon.

JamminJere provided me with a nice route for our Saturday jaunt. You are certainly welcome to join us.
What's the address of the Comfort Suites? There are a few in the area. I'll let you know how close you are.

A.C.

What's the address of the Comfort Suites? There are a few in the area. I'll let you know how close you are.
10 S. Hanover Street , Carlisle, PA, US, 17013

Weather is now looking good for Sunday, but, it could change. Monday, they said scattered showers Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday, they said nice Saturday and 30% chance of scattered showers on Sunday. Today, they said chance of a thunderstorm on Saturday and mainly sunny on Sunday with highs in the mid 80s.

For those that can make it, I'll be hovering around the check in area inside the restaurant on Sunday morning. If I can find it, I'll have my FJR hat on. Otherwise, I'll have my yellow/black Yamaha hat on.

All of the rides are self guided. However, if you want, I'll probably end up leading a group, but, we won't be taking off until most of the crowd has departed. I will definitely ride, but, my first priority is to help make sure all of the participants are taken care of. If your intent is an all-out peg scraping run, we'll save that for another day. I'll take a reasonable, but fun, pace during the run on Sunday. For those that followed me last year, I'll probably be doing the same ride.

Randy

Sounds good to me. I'm not good enough to scrape pegs, but also borred with going slow enough to take pics while riding.

My riding skills are some where in between. I like to have fun carving corners, but I'm no racer.

See ya there; Art

I'll be hovering around the check in area buying breakfast for everyone.

Mighty generous of ya Randy, you're alright in my book.

30% chance of scattered showers to me means a 70% chance of no showers...