Stay away from Vrods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Street Rod but too bad they no longer make these. And don't think they are sluggish, not even comparable to the stock HD cruiser model. There's a pretty cool Street Rod in this months Cycle World thats a made over model from France called the "Speed Rod". Looks pretty cool. Even for an old guy like me. PM. <>< :lol:

I own one of each. It's a lot closer than you think in the quarter mile. This highway encounter proved nothing. Bashing brands and 300# riders does say something about the poster.

Yeah, there's really nothing like screaming down the quarter mile bouncing up and down vigorously on a 'rod. :eek:

I like the model from France called "Speed Rod".
istockphoto_3494184_french_male_model.jpg

Oooookaaaaay....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got a V Rod. Here's a link where you can the pics I took of it. Not only am I the owner, I built it myself.

I'm trying to boost the resale value by keeping the mileage as low as possible. What do you guys think?

Ray

Well, I got a V Rod. Here's a link where you can the pics I took of it. Not only am I the owner, I built it myself.
I'm trying to boost the resale value by keeping the mileage as low as possible. What do you guys think?

Ray
Suspension looks a bit budget. Needs more farkles. :D

Nope, No Farkles. I'm keeping her stock as possible. Maybe in a few years or so, the value will double! :haha:

Ray

I own one of each. It's a lot closer than you think in the quarter mile. This highway encounter proved nothing. Bashing brands and 300# riders does say something about the poster.
not as much as it says about the apologists.
I totally agree with you. Want to kiss the Harleys ass go over to a Harley board.

Overpriced, noisy, pushrod junk just 3 of the adjectives I can come up with to describe them.

As someone says above they lose by a LARGE margin in drag race times and speed. NO CONTEST.

Never understood the infatuation some people have with paying so much for such an inferior product.

This is funny.

I was curious what they get for these things (Vrods) on the used market and did a little googling.

Check this web site out: Hogs for sale

Anyone notice anything funny about all of these bikes? Pay attention to the 4th column. :rolleyes:

So if I put an 03 FJR on the block with 4K at $9.7K she'd fly out the door? :rolleyes:
Money talks, bullshit walks.

Huh? Well, yeah considering they cost almost 20 large new vs a new FJR at 13.

But, you clearly missed my point, which was that the highest mileage Vrod in the list has 11k miles on it and it is the anomaly. The average in that list is over 5 years old with 2800 miles on it.

So they can recoup half the cost after 5yrs.

I knew you were picking on their miles, but for me, it's the smiles, not the miles.