Steering head wrench?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no one that i have reminded stiffed me. i will be the first to admit i forget things so i am pretty tolerant. i am getting ready to send out reminders. it's funny because every time i send out sockets the same percentage of people require reminder 1 in 15.

Just a thought? How many "Special" tools does one need for his/her FJR? Could someone with the skill create a set??? Then offer them to all the well heeled FJR owners on this site? Then retire of course! Hmmm?

Hey Roy, didn't happen to make any extras did you? Although I'm sure Canucklehead would let me borrow his, it is worth putting one in the toolbox myself. IF you have any extras, could I please have one? If it's not too late, you could put a second one in the package to Canucklehead to save on postage. :)

Oh yeah... and it's a LOT more than just tightening the top nut. That simply holds the upper in place.
https://www.fjr-tips.org/maint/shb/shb.html
I'm thinking YOU'RE thinking the same thing I'm thinking.....

:dribble:

That some folks think the 36mm nut holding the top clamp on is the steering head nut.

They'd be wrong. A 36mm socket ain't gonna do dick for tightening the steering head nut.

You either need one of these:

shb01.jpg

or one of these:

001-3.jpg

well i got 19 out in the mail here is the list.

Sliick2

shiney parts up. 2nd for him must taste good.

jerome burley

yzerman 19

seventyss

boostn

aroostook

nosecone

fjrguy

weewilly

azokie

canucklehead biker

eeksnake

fjr remington rider

crankshaft

big ogre

cordova rider

crank bender

led zep steve

should get them in a few days when you do just send me a check or paypal. if you need my address or paypal just pm me. as i have stated before don't sent payment before receiving the socket. this has caused problems in the past for another member and i don't want a repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
should get them in a few days when you do just send me a check or paypal. if you need my address or paypal just pm me. as i have stated before don't sent payment before receiving the socket. this has caused problems in the past for another member and i don't want a repeat.
Got mine today! I need your paypal email so I can send the money to you ASAP

Tool arrived today! Awesome work Roy!

Check sent snailmail (before I saw this thread about PayPal.)

Thanks a bunch Roy!

Much obliged, by your skills and good character.

Will be on the look out for it. Probably arrive after Mothers Day, which is good.

Thanks....