Streetmasters Cornering Workshop

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got of the phone with Jan at Streetmasters. I'm in and we have the discount.

I haven't had any formal training since the Basic Rider Safety course.

I've met Mike and JB before but not for any time. It will be good to get to know you guys.

I get along fine with folks who arn't friendly and fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we're talkin'! We're getting a quorum. I hope we can all join up. Mike and I have already exchanged some PMs about potential rendezvous locations. Sine it ain't that far, relatively speaking, maybe a lunch rendezvous (11AM) would be appropriate somewhere east of the Bay Area (any earlier and I have to talk to Mike for too long in Lancaster :rolleyes: ).

Jb

P.S. gfran, recall also that there is the MSF "Experienced Rider Course" that is offered locally. I recommend it. I am pleased to say I have taken it twice, the second time when I got the FJR, because according to the Hurt Report, most accidents were on a bike the rider had been riding for less than 3 months. I've never taken Streetmasters but am very excited for the opportunity, as I've heard nothing but praise about it.

Now we're talkin'! We're getting a quorum. I hope we can all join up. Mike and I have already exchanged some PMs about potential rendezvous locations. Sine it ain't that far, relatively speaking, maybe a lunch rendezvous (11AM) would be appropriate somewhere east of the Bay Area (any earlier and I have to talk to Mike for too long in Lancaster :rolleyes: ).
Jb
D'you mean we aren't doing a "kickstands up" @ 0600? My normal start time is 0500...what are you guys, a bunch of "bankers"? [SIZE=8pt](Workin' Nine-to-Five........)[/SIZE]

Nightshine will be coming from the Petaluma area and will probably meet at the spot you and I discussed....Manteca or Ripon. We will discuss the plans for the trip South, but we might want to roll at least an hour earlier. Sam probably has a better idea of travel time vs. meet time, etc.

The intent is to get to Lancaster in time to get the room and then wander down for dinner and the meet-and-greet in the bar. Last time we arrived after it was over and I promised myself I wouldn't do that again.

FYI....Streetmasters is like the MSF Experienced Rider Course....ON STEROIDS!

The "pad" drills are probably very similar, but imagine taking the theory (classroom) and being able to apply it with an instructor/coach to critique, input and encourage. :yahoo:

The semi-official NorCal list:

flying junior

gfran

JB

MM2

Last Chance

Nightshine

D'you mean we aren't doing a "kickstands up" @ 0600? My normal start time is 0500...what are you guys, a bunch of "bankers"? [SIZE=8pt](Workin' Nine-to-Five........)[/SIZE]
I guess I just wouldn't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn, but I am all for getting to Lancaster in time for dinner and socializing.

Here's what a buddy of mine wrote back when I told him I finally signed up for Streetmasters, which he's done one or two times (BTW, he's a Harley guy): "Your going to really enjoy the class. They will show you how to get the most out of the FJR on the street, safely. It's a very good class, I recommend it to everyone. If I was working, I'd probably join you. The Horse Shoe Mile is a very challenging track, it will put you through your paces."

I guess I just wouldn't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn, but I am all for getting to Lancaster in time for dinner and socializing.

Here's what a buddy of mine wrote back when I told him I finally signed up for Streetmasters, which he's done one or two times (BTW, he's a Harley guy): "Your going to really enjoy the class. They will show you how to get the most out of the FJR on the street, safely. It's a very good class, I recommend it to everyone. If I was working, I'd probably join you. The Horse Shoe Mile is a very challenging track, it will put you through your paces."
I plan to ride my own ride..... No way I can keep up with you "Professionals". That said, I hope to learn a lot and enjoy doing it.

As to when departing.... Well, let's see. If I work my normal Thursday shift I would only be getting home at 0600 Friday morning... I don't think it would be good to hop right on the bike and head out on a long ride. So, if you guys want to go early I may have to book off Thursday.

I also have to go to work Sunday night or take a vacation day. Oh the problems of the working class. So you guys listen to MM2 and I'll adapt.

BTW sent in $$ and definitely going. :yahoo: :clapping:

LC

About two hours from my house, there's a Chevron station at the first Ripon, CA exit southbound (circled in blue). Easy on, gas up, easy off.

The google estimate says that it's less than 5 hours to Lancaster from Ripon. So we could meet at noonish in Ripon, or later if you want to eat dinner later. What time is the meet and greet at the Hotel?

About two hours from my house, there's a Chevron station at the first Ripon, CA exit southbound (circled in blue). Easy on, gas up, easy off.
The google estimate says that it's less than 5 hours to Lancaster from Ripon. So we could meet at noonish in Ripon, or later if you want to eat dinner later. What time is the meet and great at the Hotel?
I think you're onto something here, and in a PM MM2 pointed out the same general--or exact--location.

Let's you and I link up in Dublin-Pleasanton at an appropriate time. I know a couple good, easy on-off locations.

You might want to consider going 37 through Vallejo and down 680 (which has HOV) vs. Richmond Bridge and the obnoxious-during-rush-hour 880 and 580 (loads of trucks!).... (If you went this route, we'd link up in Concord, maybe grab a coffee at Starbucks.)

No idea the timing in Lancaster.

Hans

I think you're onto something here, and in a PM MM2 pointed out the same general--or exact--location.
It is a good idea, so it's definitely not one of mine! (MM2 had suggested it.)

Let's you and I link up in Dublin-Pleasanton at an appropriate time. I know a couple good, easy on-off locations. You might want to consider going 37 through Vallejo and down 680...
Okay. "Killer road 37" along San Pablo Bay doesn't work for me, but I could take another route to 680. Suggest a meet place, say 10:30?

"Designed specifically for touring, sport-touring, cruiser, and sport bike riders."

Not designed for Standards then I guess?

Okay, am I the only one practicing full-lock, standing start U-turns? And delayed turn-ins, and fear of fifty-pencing?

Geez, this thing is stressing me. Like a Dr. Rich ride. I haven't been judged since my last divorce.

I'll be fine I'm sure. I should go for a long one this weekend? 650 or so. Sacto to Redding to Eureka to Santa Rosa

to Sacto on Sunday? I've got rain gear. But not as young as I used to was. :unsure: :D

100_4780.jpg

100_4782.jpg