Streetmasters Cornering Workshop

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Okie-dokie...Hotel room is reserved. Is it time to leave yet? :yahoo:

Okay, am I the only one practicing full-lock, standing start U-turns? And delayed turn-ins, and fear of fifty-pencing?
Nope! Last Chance and I rode on Saturday. FIRST...we went to a parking lot and practiced circles and figure-eights, THEN emergency braking.

After 20-30 minutes of that practice we went to the Delta and rode Hwy 84, took the ferry across to Rio Vista for some lunch and then rode Hwy 84 North. Lots of late entry/delayed apex practicing goin' on over there. On the way North we sped up a bit (55-60) but not to the point of peg-dragging. It sure was nice to find my rythym again.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to the course.

It was fun....Made my reservation Monday.

I changed the spark plugs...Wonder why the Factory ones looked great.

I'm trying to do a Throttle body synchronization... I'm a little Carbmate challenged!

LC

I just talked with Jann and made my reservation.

I'am will be comeing from Mt. Shasta ,a little north of you all.

I can meet up in Ripon around noon or let me know a time.

Would like to talk if possable.

Looking forword , I thank to class and meeting you all.

PM me Thanks Mark

Y'know, we have quite a list of riders heading down there from NorCal:

flying junior

gfran

James Burleigh

Last Chance

mhc

MM2

Nightshine

Old Michael

I'll move the list to the first post of the thread.

Er...uhm...TWN?? Duff??

Sacramento Mike is added to the list.

Just to whet your appetite for the conversation that takes place. While talking with Walt Fulton (Motorcycle Hall of Famer & co-owner of Streetmasters) he dropped this gem on me:

I can teach you cornering technique and set you on the road toward good riding habits. What I can't teach you is perception (of what's happening around you) or patience, that comes from within you.
And another:

Nobody ever got hurt taking a corner 5 mph slower than they thought they should.
Now do you understand why I want to get there in time to enjoy the social hour Saturday evening?

Probably won't make the course but am looking forward to meeting everyone at the dinner the night before. Be cool to see all those FJR's parked outside a local eatery.

Bump....and....weather forecast:

Saturday, May 3

High: 69 °F RealFeel®: 64 °F

Sunny to partly cloudy and windy

Oh dang! Though its going to be in the 70's next week tapering off to high 60's Friday and Sat......

Last Chance is not going to ride down with us...he ahs an appointment as part of the "group buy" to have a seat made on Friday.

Would anyone else (besides me) want to consider leaving an hour earlier? Like leaving Sac @ 0900 (this would mean JB would miss his "magical beauty sleep hour" that he probably needs).

E.G. to Ripon: 50 miles (1 hr?)

Concord to Ripon: 70 miles (1 hr. +)

Shasta Lake to Ripon: 239 miles....(3 1/2-4 hrs)

Sooooo, a 10 AM meet in Ripon means mhc would have to leave home @ 0600. :eek: Nightshine would have to leave Napa about 0800 (?), the rest of us about 0900.

Maybe I'm off my rocker....and being anxious, I want to get on the road. Uh-huh! :yes: :twitchsmile: :uhhuh:

If we met in Ripon @ 1100:

Ripon to Bakersfield: 215 miles (3 1/2hrs [SIZE=8pt]or less.....[/SIZE]).

Bakersfield to Lancaster 95 miles (1 1/2 hrs [SIZE=8pt]or less.....[/SIZE]) though there will be some weekend traffic on Friday afternoon.

Figure at least 1 or 2 rest stops (some WILL need to stretch, etc.) Surely somebody will want to have lunch and that will add another 45 min to 1 hour to the trip, and gas in Bakersfield.....

Now we're are looking at getting into Lancaster @ 7 PM (except those of you who are likely to ride the freeways @ 80-90 mph).

Okay...stepping off my soap box. Your thoughts??

Mike (the Mad one), I can easily make Ripoff at 10:00. What cruising speed are you estimating for that arrival in Lancaster? Also, I stop every hour on the hour. It's in the CBA bylaws.

Sounds like you've done the skull work on the itinerary.

Earlier is better to my notion as long as those coming from farther away could make the rendezvous.

Where is this place in Ripon?

Is there a local rendevous for those uf us coming from Sacto, Elk Grove, etc.?

Mike (the Mad one), I can easily make Ripoff at 10:00. What cruising speed are you estimating for that arrival in Lancaster? Also, I stop every hour on the hour. It's in the CBA bylaws.
What's this stop every hour crap, you candy ass pussy?! :nono: I leave Petaluma at 8:00 sweep through Ripon and pick you guys up at 10:00 sharp. Straight through to our one quick pit stop and gas up in Fresno, and then non-stop to Lancaster. Should be at the hotel by 3:00 latest! :D

I know you're eager to make dinner, MM2, but come on, fess up! You really just want to beat the weekend traffic, don't you? ;)