SW-MOTECH rack and Givi case install with pic's!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Givi setup is UGLY and causes you to lose your factory grab rail. (or did) maybe that's changed.
Whether or not it is ugly I guess is a matter of opinion. The color that it comes in probably clashes with every year other than the '03. As far as the grab rail, the Givi rack has a better grab rail in my opinion. Not to mention that it is actually made of steel not plastic. But I guess if you are interested in being able to remove the entire rack and not just the case then the Givi rack definietly won't work.
I like the Givi just fine. Like you say... good grab rail & it also has lots of bungee space, too... which I happen to use all of the time. Besides, it's proven rock solid. Only problem that I've had is the brushed metal Givi badge cover falling off somewhere.

Smitty, your bag really doesn't move at all?

I just installed mine today, and it is anything but secure. If I poke at it it

wobbles around. Im really disappointed in the rack so far.

I can't think of what I could have done wrong since the install is pretty straight forward. Any ideas???

I was out in the shop playing with my bike. I put the trunk on just to see how much moving around it really does. It was fine with my wife leaning back on it. Just thought I would really check it out before my trip to Atlanta. It is alittle wobbly.... So what I ended up mounting it like a factory top case. Drilled the bodywork used some 110mm bolts and made spacers to fit. After doing that the rear bracket I left it off. It is solid now, plus it still goes off and on quick and easy. Not the way it should be, but the way it is now I won't worry about it going anywhere... So if your thinking about this setup, you might do it this way... Smitty
OK, let's see some pics of what you fixed :)

I have a wingrack on the ZX11 with the top case plate already. (Which only mounts with 2 bolts, maybe 3) and it's pretty rock solid) So I'd like something that only left that on the bike.

If I'm going to put a full Givi set on, them I'm putting better bags on too like E41's damnit :)

This is very similiar to Mr. Smitty's

IMGP0201.jpg

IMGP0197.jpg