T Rex Frame slider on Gen 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genady

Reaction score
Hey, Just wanted to post my experience with a pair of T Rex sliders I got recently and it is very good!

I have read a lot of concerns here on the forum and all the suggestions on much more expensive brands, but decided to give it a shot.

I had some crappy sliders on my previous bike before and ended up installing R&G slider on it, these are of very high quality.

In my opinion T Rex I got, are at least as good as R&G.

Very solid construction of both metal plate and slider itself (looks same material as R&G).

Actually installation was much easier. On the Ninja (my previous bike) I had to use some heavy machinery for R&G to install right, even though they been bike specific, but T Rex installed without any glitch...

Just for those considering less expensive options.

Well, I think you are getting what you pay for.

Let's not forget that these puppys are what's holding your engine in place for one. I see there is no mention of a internal metal sleeve. Without the sleeve they will loosen up and eventually reek havock with your engine. A certain company which shall go unamed made the same mistake a few years ago. I may be wrong but for that price I bet there is no internal metal sleeve. You might want to rethink these.

Dave

I am glad to hear what so many snobs are still around :) You are welcome to pay the ridiculous amounts for German/British products.

You would be surprised, there is a metal sleeve inside the slider.

As I said, it isn't the first one I have seen in my life. Ohh and by the way I forgot to mention I am metallurgical engineer... and do have a bit of understanding in how things should work.

this is why:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry481348

P1060081.jpg

YMMV - I sure, sincerely hope so...

I'm not a metallurgical engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I agree with Genady. I love my t-Rex sliders with the metal sleeve inside.

I have them, like them, never used them. I hope I never do. ;)

Not sure of the pic with the bad frame slider. IIRC T-Rex did comment on the forum that they would replace anyone's frame sliders if they were in a certain lot. Sounds like good customer service to me.

I have no issue with T-Rex or any other frame slider Mfgr. You have one bad lunch, will that keep from ever going back? Just sayin'. They fixed the issue too. :huh:

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to post some pictures, mine look nothing like the pictures you posted. Again I had a pair of R&G sliders and can directly compare them. T Rex is as good.

As far as you get what you pay for...

Toyota RAV will cost you about 35K+ euro in GB for instance - it must be way better then one you get here for half the money?

European products are just more expensive, because of taxes, high salaries and all other crap around it. Has nothing to do with quality. US and even China are more when capable to produce high quality products when they try!

And I think the guys in T Rex learned from their previous mistakes and offering high quality product at very appropriate price.