"Taildragger" tank for GenII FJR -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont want to come over as being a stick in the mud, however, has anyone really thought through the safety issues with having almost 5 gallons of gas sticking out in the open like that?
As oposed to that one sitting out in the open between your legs?

My out of pocket items:
Fuel pump approx 100.00 with shipping. There are other pumps out there that are less money.

Fuel line - about 6 feet or so.

Disconnect fittings - 2 each - about 40.00

Check valve - 5.00

Main tank penetration fitting - 45.00 or so.

LED lights (personal add - Ron can adapt the tank to whatever you want, if anything) 120.00

Vent Catch tank 45.00

Two titanium hose clamps to mount the catch tank - 16.00

Materials - wire, shrink wrap, connectors, Loctite 567, bolts, nuts, etc. 50.00

Ya know, I almost forgot - the license plate frame - integrated LED's - I seem to recall it was around 45.00 with shipping.

130820228-L-1.jpg

130819747-L.jpg

This seemed to be the easiest way to light the plate without moving the stock light fixture -

So - how are we going to come back? Perhaps a spin west to visit Desert Valley Power Sports in Prosser, WA, so we can commune with nature in that fancy loo that Dan Denchell has? It's been a while since I peed on rocks..... :blink:

I would like to swing west to Seattle and see my son Dave Jr. & wife then go to Prosser. Sounds like a good plan. Roger Williams from Phoenix on a GW with cell is going with us. More details on B2B to follow. I think leaving on night of 28 June would be good, comments??l

I would like to swing west to Seattle and see my son Dave Jr. & wife then go to Prosser. Sounds like a good plan. Roger Williams from Phoenix on a GW with cell is going with us. More details on B2B to follow. I think leaving on night of 28 June would be good, comments??l
I think a trip to Seattle would be fine ! Do you have Roger's email address?

Around 22:00 28 June departure?

So - it's just four of us?

TurboDave_98

BlueStreak

KaitsDad

Roger Williams

Do we have start witnesses yet? I'll contact GZ as he indicated that he knew of someone in the area that would be willing to witness for us.

Geezzz... do I ask a lot of questions, or what? :blink:

So - it's just four of us?
TurboDave_98

BlueStreak

KaitsDad

Roger Williams

Do we have start witnesses yet? I'll contact GZ as he indicated that he knew of someone in the area that would be willing to witness for us.

Geezzz... do I ask a lot of questions, or what? :blink:
Is this the replacement B2B? What, you guys got a secret organization going? I know I've got knobby knuckles and shit, but I can prolly learn the gang hand signal... :unsure:

Is this the replacement B2B? What, you guys got a secret organization going? I know I've got knobby knuckles and shit, but I can prolly learn the gang hand signal... :unsure:
Si, Senor Nut, this is the B2B that didn't happen in April. You wanna play? You are welcome !
TWN, check the posting under Iron Butt/LDR for 16 April where it was posted the B2B was postponed. Sorry you missed the post and if you join us YOU will have the PLACE of Honor!! :yahoo:

Si, Senor Nut, this is the B2B that didn't happen in April. You wanna play? You are welcome !
TWN, check the posting under Iron Butt/LDR for 16 April where it was posted the B2B was postponed. Sorry you missed the post and if you join us YOU will have the PLACE of Honor!! :yahoo:
Check and check. I'll go check it out and get back to you... :)

You going to let him up front to run "Rabbit" and clear the way? :p

You going to let him up front to run "Rabbit" and clear the way? :p
NFW! I'll be sweeping on the Wabs. I may not have the same speed, but I'll catch 'em up at the gas depots! B)
In a round about manner, I am guessing that you are in for the ride?? I sure hope you can make it. The WEESTROM should not be a problem with gas range. I am thinking that the max run that will be made will be 275-300 miles.

To all that are in, want to make a decision on the start date and time:

I suggest Thursday night 28 June at 2000 hrs. Ride in the night at the warmest night time in CA/NV/southern UT, then the rest of the day on I 15N. Want to let majority vote be the winner on the date and time. I will want to make a group motel arrangement in Yuma area. Let me know if you want double or single. If anyone can do the same for Lethbrige Alberta that would be nice to know who is going to do it.

Having said all the above, I will be making future posts on LDR/IB thread from now on for latest info. Sorry admin guys for hijacking this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaitsdad,

From a design and fabrication standpoint I wanted to comment that what I see in the pics is a truly professional job. Nicely thought out, cleverly designed (pumps, valves mounting) and beautifully executed (material, baffle, welds and finish). Welds look especially good IMO. I've seen a lot of work in the aerospace and hot rod arenas that would fall short of this execution. Probably not something I would ever need but nevertheless, very well done. Congatulations. :clapping:

AZ