Tank Warning Decal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly shit Batman!! You had best park that thing afore ya get yerself kilt!!!!!! :blink:

A very very dangerous situation brother!

I had a similar situation a few years back.. I got drunk and removed the tire pressure warning label on the swingarm.

My tires went flat and nobody here had any idea how to inflate 'em let alone the correct pressure. :eek:

Prayers sent dude Best of luck to ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm looking for a new warning decal for my gas tank. The old one is fading, and I can barely read it.

It's therefore become a safety issue and must be addressed.

I'll pay shipping if the price is right.
I'm not taking the bate.

I think you are "BS"ing us... I found this picture of your bike and the warning sticker is clearly visible....

PresidentsDayTrip010.jpg

I have one OM. It's off of a Vespa Scooter, but it says the same stuff. You can have it for free, but the shipping on those items is ridiculous. Prolly around $300.

Gotta have it though. Bust is right. Don't wanna risk starting the bike without one.

While OM is working on this critical stuff he should also check pillows, mattresses and cushions to verify that they all still have the DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG tags attached. This could be tough, can't ride the bike without the vital tank warning decal and has to sleep on the floor because the tags have come off his bed and pillow.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in the mail Mick, you can always count on support from your Irish Family! Ignore the slings and arrows of The Great Dane, Oscar Wilde was our Greatest Statesman. Bust and 'Zilla are right, just take it real easy until the new sticker arrives!

Only ride with Bokerfork (not Bugnatr!) until the new sticked is affixed on your tank, as fecking slow as Marky-Mark rides there is no way in Hell that you could get hurt. No charge of course, just buy me a Smithwick's at The Irish Republic Bar.

You'd better replace that thing right away. I took mine off and my tank, both side panels, front tire, mufflers, sidebags, and wife blew off going down the highway. I got a new one from Walmart (rght next to the rotella) and made sure I torqued it down good.

...I took mine off and my tank, both side panels, front tire, mufflers, sidebags, and wife blew off going down the highway. I got a new one from Walmart...
Wow, I never realized how complete the Walmart product lines are. Sears quit selling wives around the year 1900.
That's crazy...I'm never getting another wife from Walmart. I'm going on eBay and having her shipped to straight to my house!

I didn't have to take mine off. The dealer did it before I got the bike. I have yet to miss the hole so I guess it's OK. :rolleyes:

Can somebody who still has one of those on their tank kindly post up exactly what it says? Wishing I'd never taken mine off, and thinking that it might be a good idea to get a couple made if we can't source originals. Besides, I'm going to be selling the Blackbird in the spring, and don't want to get sued for failure to warn a buyer about dangers inherent to riding motorcycles.

Maybe we can get Dave @ Wynpro or Garauld to fab an aftermarket one up? I see a group buy in the future!