Tank Warning Decal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can somebody who still has one of those on their tank kindly post up exactly what it says? Wishing I'd never taken mine off, and thinking that it might be a good idea to get a couple made if we can't source originals. Besides, I'm going to be selling the Blackbird in the spring, and don't want to get sued for failure to warn a buyer about dangers inherent to riding motorcycles.
Freaking_Clue..jpg

That's crazy...I'm never getting another wife from Walmart. I'm going on eBay and having her shipped to straight to my house!
With Amazon Prime you can get one shipped 2nd day for free.
Although, I'd still recommend the Walmart route. They'll take anything back. Might be the right way to go with one of these.

Maybe we can get Dave @ Wynpro or Garauld to fab an aftermarket one up? I see a group buy in the future!
Oooooh, billet. Engraved like the wynpro covers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Although, I'd still recommend the Walmart route. They'll take anything back. Might be the right way to go with one of these.
Don't do it. I went down that road shopping for a wife only to find out the entire cast of the Lord of the Rings came from the wife isle.

Don't do it. I went down that road shopping for a wife only to find out the entire cast of the Lord of the Rings came from the wife isle.
You ain't shittin' Brother.... those things will max out your credit cards in no time! Save yer money for beer.

You ain't shittin' Brother.... those things will max out your credit cards in no time! Save yer money for beer.
Hey! This one's on sale!

https://www.peopleofwalmart.com/55837/made-from-scratch/

Beyond the fact that it IS Friday, I was surprised to find the label does have a part number (5GK-2118K-00-00) - but I suppose that if you needed the label, you couldn't figure out how to find the number for it.

I only hope this is in time. MICHAEL--when you get it, for god's sake don't put it back where the old one was. Very inconvenient location. Maybe put it on the fairing off to the side so you can still see it. I got one of those "Bagster" tank covers and had to cut a hole in it so I could read the warning. AND I can't even use a tank bag at all. Don't let this happen to you..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooh, billet. Engraved like the wynpro covers!
Don't even go there. After mine fell off I pulled out my handy dandy Dremel Engraving tool. After I got the fire out, there were 4300 tiny little holes in my tank where the sticker used to be.

Learn from my mistakes.

Well... if you needs some STICK-UM for your STICK-ERS... I'm pretty sure this nice rider will help u out :lol:

FX.png

It's been over eight hours since the old fecker posted up this serious issue..

I hope he's not upside down in a ditch. :blink:

Sears quit selling wives around the year 1900.
Purchasing one is not the problem. The expense is in maintaining the things. Sears could still be making money on this IF they were to afix the product with a warning sticker similar to the one that started this thread, or they sold divorces along with the wives.