Tech Day (SoCal)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a recent ride with the lads (TWN, Barabus, Dumpy) the subject of a tech day was discussed this is the result.I am gonna host a Tech day in my garage on April 12th.

The plan is if you want to attend you will need to have some input (skills)

We would like to install or assist in the following (some suggestions welcomed)

Throttle body Sync Steering head repack Rear Spline lube Aux lights Auto Com PC111 Brakes (lines and Pads) Maybe Tires (If Hal will bring his changer) power strips Fuse blocks

I also have several windshields for first Gens if you want to try a different one.

This list will probably change as I get input, Obviously you will all have to bring your own parts for install.

I have most of the tools we could need but if it requires something special and you have it you will need to bring it.

I know Tim has the streering head tool and Barry has the TBS tool.

i will have some soda's and water and will be cooking burgers later in the day.
Hey this is a great idea. Dont mean to hijack the thread but if someone in the east could do something like this I would certianly love to come an learn! If anyone could organize this, start a new threat so as to not take this thread any more off track than I already have. And PM me in case I miss it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 08 guy here that has done the following;

Oil Change

Garmin 550

Starcom1

Driving lights

McCruise

HID

Tire Gaurd

Charge Gaurd

Would like to come hang out and meet some of you.

Another 08 guy here that has done the following;
Oil Change

Garmin 550

Starcom1

Driving

McCruise

HID

Tire Gaurd

Charge Gaurd

Would like to come hang out and meet some of you.

by all means come along, and a local at that.

where in torrance are you ?

R

Hey this is a great idea. Dont mean to hijack the thread but if someone in the east could do something like this I would certianly love to come an learn! If anyone could organize this, start a new threat so as to not take this thread any more off track than I already have. And PM me in case I miss it :)
You're gonna want to float a balloon to get it started. Posting it in this thread won't get it done for you. Give it a try - you'll be surprised how fast it can come together. ;)

You're gonna want to float a balloon to get it started. Posting it in this thread won't get it done for you. Give it a try - you'll be surprised how fast it can come together. ;)
Thanks Bill but i dont have the facilities to float that boat. Now go put your pants back on!

Wow 8 million posts now, you have been busy.

R

I am gonna host a Tech day in my garage on April 12th.

The plan is if you want to attend you will need to have some input (skills)

[SIZE=12pt]I'd also like to attend if it's not too late and you have room for someone to take pictures and or hold a wrench.[/SIZE]

I'm a total non-tech but would like to learn by watchin'. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thats fine.

can you all pm me your e-mail addresses so i can send you all my address.

thanks

R

P.S. my lights arrived yesterday

I am gonna host a Tech day in my garage on April 12th.The plan is if you want to attend you will need to have some input (skills)

[SIZE=12pt]I'd also like to attend if it's not too late and you have room for someone to take pictures and or hold a wrench.[/SIZE]

I'm a total non-tech but would like to learn by watchin'. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Lanny,

You're still alive? See you there.

I just updated the list hopefully i am not mising anyone.

If iam let me know.

R

And i am still waiting on e-mail addresses............. :rolleyes:

Well, I got screwed by Autobarn when they sent me the wrong part- a cheap lens cover instead of the hella light kit. They probably will not fix thier error before next weekend. GD!!!!!

I just sent out my address to people who sent me their e-mail addys.

So if you didn't get an e-mail that means you didn't send me you info.

All you guys need to bring is the stuff for your bikes (and special tools if you need them).

Although if you need diet anything you won't find it here :huh:

R

I am gonna host a Tech day in my garage on April 12th.The plan is if you want to attend you will need to have some input (skills)

I believe our bartender just checked in.

Yep!!! I can pour a mean beer.

Glad to help.

Lanny,

You're still alive? See you there.

Yep, still kickin'.

I've been changing PCs almost montly so I keep screwin up my signin info. Hopefully this one will stick... at least for a while longer.

See you there. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: