Tech Day (SoCal)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats not true as Kelvin showed up on an AE.....

Anyway the weekend started with Tim braving the Friday afternoon LA traffic. He arrived at around 6pm and said he was ready for a drink so i provided him with 1 or 2. We then had dinner after which we (I) decided to pull out the dice games (always fun when you are shit faced).

Bed time was around 11 (although the room was still spinning at 2am for me).

Saturday morning arrived a little too soon for me and way too soon for Tim. I went looking for Donuts at 7am to go with Karen's coffee.

John arrived just after 8 with Barry close behind him.

So now the work could begin....................

the actual list of attendees were.

Tim=Twowheelnut (Lights)

Barry=Barabus (Lights)

John=John Dumke (humpty to his friends) (WorkerBee)

Simon-FJRBluesman (risers)

Mark=Spridal (WorkerBee)

Ole=Faster675 (Brake and Clutch lines)

Kelvin=Britbiker (WorkerBee)

Jill=Silver Penguin (Hanging Out)

Andy= No idea (HangingOut)

and Myself. (Chef)

Ok Picture Time

A place in the shade

DSC_2284.jpg

The alternative parking

DSC_2285.jpg

Tim and John working away.

DSC_2283.jpg

The work place

DSC_2286.jpg

The work place 2

DSC_2287.jpg

John adding as much weight as he can

DSC_2288.jpg

Tims fingers were getting sore by now

DSC_2289.jpg

Lunch time

DSC_2280.jpg

Luchtime 2

DSC_2281.jpg

Mark and Simon in the AC

DSC_2282.jpg

My wife asking what the hell took so long?

DSC_2290.jpg

Now quit whinning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and a big thanks to Mark for running to purchase all the grommets in the Western hemisphere!!

Oh that's just great! You had to snap a picture of me stuffing my face! It was great meeting you guys and I truly appreciate the warm welcome.

I figured out why John wanted to put that extra relay and all that wire on my bike.....
he just wants to try and slow me down.

R
Damn, Plan thworted. That remote control ignition retard switch that I was installing on Richard's bike was looking Sweet, until Kelvin questioned why we needed 5 relays and 300 feet of wiring.

Ummm..... Ah.... Because ....... that's the way you wire a bike for a Brit? The more wire and relays the more likely the electronics will fail? Kind of makes those Brits feel at home. You know Lucas electronics, "The Prince of Darkness" and all that crap.

Well, the hella ff50 were delivered yesterday, finally. Hook the wire up and took off to as dark of road as we have in the OC- by the navy weapons depot in sunset beach. WOW, a big improvement. Really, this was the biggest weakness of my 06 fjr. I would have not problem riding at night now. Yeah, they are not soloteks, but only one car flashed high beams at me.

Well, the hella ff50 were delivered yesterday, finally. Hook the wire up and took off to as dark of road as we have in the OC- by the navy weapons depot in sunset beach. WOW, a big improvement. Really, this was the biggest weakness of my 06 fjr. I would have not problem riding at night now. Yeah, they are not soloteks, but only on car flashed high beams at me.
Now I know what that warm glow was, last night. Felt those lights all the way from my house! :D

Jill