Tech Day (SoCal)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there on Saturday morning (with my brake lines, fluids, etc .... should I bring towels + blankets + etc ? )

Gonna ride the long way to Torrance from Long Beach Thru "Azusa + Glendora" :rolleyes:

.... anybody wants to tag along ..... 7am (6:45 for coffee), Mobil station just north of the 210 on Azusa (39) ....

After a nice brisk morning ride, I should be at Richard's place by 10 or 11 am

(just in time for Lunch)

Thanks for settting this up Richard !!!!

Anyone headed from North of Ventura riding down to Fairlaners on Saturday morning.. Im in Ventura area... Cameras will be rolling on the trip down.... Post up a meet time off 101 & Victoria

Jdog

The date draws near..

..and I hear FairLaner has sweetened the deal by stating he will buy dinner and booze for everyone that shows! :rolleyes: :yahoo:

I'll be there on Saturday morning (with my brake lines, fluids, etc .... should I bring towels + blankets + etc ? )
Gonna ride the long way to Torrance from Long Beach Thru "Azusa + Glendora" :rolleyes:

.... anybody wants to tag along ..... 7am (6:45 for coffee), Mobil station just north of the 210 on Azusa (39) ....

After a nice brisk morning ride, I should be at Richard's place by 10 or 11 am

(just in time for Lunch)

Thanks for settting this up Richard !!!!
I knew you were crazy, make more sense to ride after you do your brakes.

i will have coffee and donuts at 8.30am and food will be when we have finished.

see ya when you get here.

Jdog just an FYI Tim is coming down friday night. I just got a nice big bottle of JD for us to drink. :dribble:

The date draws near.. ..and I hear FairLaner has sweetened the deal by stating he will buy dinner and booze for everyone that shows! :rolleyes: :yahoo:
It is gonna be more like lunch and i got more booze than you could EVER drink.

R

And Ole i have lots of towels.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's O-Dark 30 here -

And I'm on my way to my daughter's high school for her Winterguard competition.

I'd much rather be changing tires. (Don't tell her that!)

Sorry to miss this.

You guyz have fun - and remember two things -

1. Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty

2. Don't let the smoke out.

Cheers !!

And I was sooooo looking forward to the video of 7 owners dringking and pointing while 1 person does the work. :rolleyes:

I suppose we'll "make do" with the stills (a pun!) that will be posted. ;)

Well, what can I say except this was a huge success! Thanks to Richard (and Karen) for hosting and John Dumke for helping with my lights. People were very helpful and it was fun.

Well, what can I say except this was a huge success! Thanks to Richard (and Karen) for hosting and John Dumke for helping with my lights. People were very helpful and it was fun.

And you forgot the bit about me being fucking exhausted................

R

Richard thanks for hosting the SoCal Tech Day 4/12/08. My wife seemed OK when I told her you accosted me for the risers. I hope she doesn't go out and buy more goodies for the house thinking that's tit for tat… The risers are awesome, thanks! It was a comfortable ride home, bloody hot though, even with my cool vest, it's the V-Stream blocking too much air. I can’t imagine Mark going to Palm Springs in this heat. :dribble:

Richard & Karen, thank you for your wonderful hospitality, lunch and goodies, and putting up with a bunch of FJR geeks. :rolleyes: Richard, are your lights done yet...??

Tim, Barry, John, Ole, Kelvin , Jill & Andy, and Mark, great meeting all ya'll. I hope all your farkles are working well and fuses are not blown. It was great talking all things FJR, etc. I look forward to other Tech Days and rides. B)

Thanks again!!! :yahoo:

Thanks Karen! I really appreciate your hospitality and tolerating all of us manly-men roaming about your house with greasy hands, foul language and strange odors! Tell that goofy Brit roomie of yours that I thank him, too (despite the copious amounts of Single Barrel he poured - prolly just to make sure he won those goofy Brit games! :lol: ).

Oh, those FF50's work rather well, too. Seems I pissed off quite a few oncoming drivers, but they do seem to clear the traffic in front quite nicely! :grin:

Thanks to everyone, especially Richard and Karen for hosting. It was a good time, great hanging with the usual ones and got to meet more good people.

But what is up with the Carpenters on the ipod? Really Richard. I thought you brits had some bad ass punk and rock and roll. And the best you can do is Richard & Karen Carpenter.

Now is that just a coincedence? :unsure:

I figured out why John wanted to put that extra relay and all that wire on my bike.....

he just wants to try and slow me down.

R

[SIZE=12pt]Where is the freakin' report with pictures?!?!?!?![/SIZE] :glare:

No pictures...it didn't happen and any modifications and farkles will fall off or fail AND any maintenance will be as if it didn't happen.

So there!!!

[SIZE=12pt]Where is the freakin' report with pictures?!?!?!?![/SIZE] :glare:
No pictures...it didn't happen and any modifications and farkles will fall off or fail AND any maintenance will be as if it didn't happen.

So there!!!

Yep.

We need pictures, and a count of empties.