The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me the permission is/was the easy part. TMJ loves the look of the new '14 and I would like to make the upgrade to ES.

It's coming up with the 15 large that is my dilemma. I don't like financing "toys", and since I cannot commute on a motorcycle all three of my bikes are clearly just toys.

I rode to my local dealer last Sat and asked if they had a new red FJR in stock yet. The salesman said... "we have a blue one!"

It was a new 2012 still on the floor, and still priced at full retail! So... not likely they will get a 14 any time soon... who knows???

I'm with FredW on this, too. Even if I could work a trade with my FZ on a new FJR I'd be financing a large chunk, and it's just a toy from me also, so no way to really justify it to my family. I've still got two kids in school to help me spend my money.

-R

Last edited by a moderator:
I read through this entire thread and don't believe this simple question has been asked/answered....Other than color, is there any difference between the '13A and the '14A?

I read through this entire thread and don't believe this simple question has been asked/answered....Other than color, is there any difference between the '13A and the '14A?
It was mentioned that the '14 has the rear inner fender mud guard/flap for the shock, at least the ES that was on display at Laguna had one? Safe to say the "A" should have it too? Otherwise the same.

13 will be less expensive.
smile.png
Yep....seeing them for sale now in the mid-high $12Ks. May drop even more when the '14s start hitting the floor.

It was mentioned that the '14 has the rear inner fender mud guard/flap for the shock, at least the ES that was on display at Laguna had one? Safe to say the "A" should have it too? Otherwise the same.
Not necessarily safe to say. That may be part of the ES package and not on the '14 A's.

In any case, the '13 and 14 A's will be mostly the same except for the color.

None.

From a paper exercise that I go through annually to update the FJR Comparison Matrix, other than color and addition of the ES model to the North American line-up, I haven't found any notable differences in the '13 and '14.

Anybody had updates on delivery schedules? Heard through a dealer that he will have an ES on or about Nov. 2, supposedly from the horse's mouth.

A horse (other than the famous Mr Ed) seldom actually speaks from his mouth. But being a countrified fellow, I can say for sure they speak quite often from the "other" end. ;)

I spoke to my local dealer on Saturday and he could give me no definite answer. I have no doubt that he wanted to but I am sure he just did not know. He is adamant that Yamaha is not even letting them place orders for the '14 model yet. He seemed to be very anxious to see the red FJR himself. When I was in there on Friday he and I walked through looking at the Star cruiser line in an effort to find a "color match".

Against my better judgement I gave him all of my contact information and I expect to be contacted As Soon As They Know Something.

I spoke to my local dealer on Saturday and he could give me no definite answer. I have no doubt that he wanted to but I am sure he just did not know. He is adamant that Yamaha is not even letting them place orders for the '14 model yet. He seemed to be very anxious to see the red FJR himself. When I was in there on Friday he and I walked through looking at the Star cruiser line in an effort to find a "color match".
Against my better judgement I gave him all of my contact information and I expect to be contacted As Soon As They Know Something.
When I put my deposit down in late Sept. the first round of ordering was over. My dealer is only getting 1 a and 1 ES. Since the dealer was having an open house that day, the Yamaha rep was there and he looked up the expected delivery date. It is scheduled for November but the rep said Dec was more likely. I think that they had to have their order in by Sept.28th or there about.

Not necessarily safe to say. That may be part of the ES package and not on the '14 A's.

In any case, the '13 and 14 A's will be mostly the same except for the color.
I think it was just an oversight that some of the early 2013's got delivered without the mud flap--the holes that accept it were still drilled in the fender and my dealer just ordered one for me and installed it no charge. Can't imagine that Yamaha purposely left that off to save a few bucks.

I think it was just an oversight that some of the early 2013's got delivered without the mud flap--the holes that accept it were still drilled in the fender and my dealer just ordered one for me and installed it no charge. Can't imagine that Yamaha purposely left that off to save a few bucks.
Not so sure, figure how many bikes they produce X the cost of the parts. The '13's only came with one horn, probably the same on the '14. Not that the 2 stock horns on previous Gens were better than one, but why one less horn now-cost?? We know it wasn't to save weight.

I think there are only three '14 FJRs in the country right now. Two A models, and one ES. I believe all three will be at the AIMExpo in Orlando this weekend. One A model will be used as a demo, and an A and the ES will be on display inside.

I also heard but haven't verified that Yamaha is only bringing in a 'handful' of the ES models. Those dealers that will get one should know they have one coming.

I think there are only three '14 FJRs in the country right now. Two A models, and one ES. I believe all three will be at the AIMExpo in Orlando this weekend. One A model will be used as a demo, and an A and the ES will be on display inside.
I also heard but haven't verified that Yamaha is only bringing in a 'handful' of the ES models. Those dealers that will get one should know they have one coming.
Anyone going to the expo in Orlando? Take some pictures for the rest of us.

So it sounds like if a person wanted an ES, they had to get their order in on the 1st round back in September?