The average age of FJR owners just went down a bit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I didn't realize this bike was only for old people...I guess I will have to sell it, I am only 26...
bike.gif
And here I thought I was the outcast young whipper snapper here! lol. Naaa really we need some more youth here that also has some hott young g/f's ...oh yes! can you say "bikini material!" ..well mainly so our senior members (cough, cough BeemerDon) has something to drool at when you come to a meet!).
My wife and I are planning on going to NERDS, shall I tell her to bring the bikini?
Hell Yes, I'm bringing mine!
I saw the picture of you on the water slide. You really don't have to bring your bikini...

Well I don't own an FJR yet....
smile.png
........but might and hit my 40 years of existence later this month, God willing. I've had several Ducati's over the past 5 years and a Triumph Speed Triple before that along with a WR250X and DRZ in there somewhere. Currently on a BMW but looking to go with a full on ST ride. Had the Ducati ST4 and it was about the same most owners were over 40 years old. I was a youngin at 36 when I bought it. Good Stuff......

I was 44 when I bought my Gen I so I probably dropped the age a bit at the time. Now at 53 when I got the Gen 3 I've bumped it back up again. I don't mind though because at least when I pull up somewhere and take my helmet off people already expect to see a 'mature' adult.

What I don't care for is when I show up somewhere on my bright orange Speed Triple and take my helmet how people stare and point at the old bald fart on the kids bike. I'm like one of those older women who keep wearing mini-skirts when their time has really passed.
bad.gif
smile.png

Man, I didn't realize this bike was only for old people...I guess I will have to sell it, I am only 26...
bike.gif
And here I thought I was the outcast young whipper snapper here! lol. Naaa really we need some more youth here that also has some hott young g/f's ...oh yes! can you say "bikini material!" ..well mainly so our senior members (cough, cough BeemerDon) has something to drool at when you come to a meet!).
My wife and I are planning on going to NERDS, shall I tell her to bring the bikini?
You better know it!

There's 2 pools (the 1 inside kinda sux) and 2 jackcuzzies. Last year, every nite we ended up in the jack-cuzz with coolers by our side
smile.png
Good way to end the nite but better would be for some nice shapely company! (and no not Don wearing a thong backwards either!)

My G/F may actually show also. Oh boy. Yes, she has many skimpy bikinis but she may be to shy around all you big burly biker dudes
wink.png

I'm only 31. I bought my fjr at 29. I still feel like I'm hanging out at a retirement home every time I log on here!
Yeah but ya know what, they're really kool old dudes and we'll be there someday too! (and I can only hope to be that kool when I'm like 90! ;) . I've rode with a lot of the east coaster Feejers, they are really good ole down to earth fellas, one's that I would never be afraid to call friends.

Besides, the young(er) ones I ride with only care about "what bar do we hit next?" stuff. These old FJR guys ride first, play later. My kinda think'n. (and as Don would say... 'nuff said!)

Maybe I can bring the age back up a bit. I just purchased my 2013 after being on GoldWings for 20+ years. I'm 61 and grinning from ear to ear.

I was 35 when I bought my FJR. I've always loved the speed, and the ability to as far away as I want. I'm always kind of amazed at all the cool "young guy" shit some of these guys have.

AND...I donno why Don is always mean to me. It really hurts sometimes.

I was pulled over for speeding on my V-max, I was in my 60's and when I pulled off my helmet the officer let me go by saying, watch that speed o.k.. I said O.K.

I just turned 50. Is there an AARP discount on a 2013? By the way those folks at AARP are relentless.
AARP has also become a front for the political left!! I see no benefit to the membership. You can get the same bennies with AAA. VFW, Am Legion, or perhaps showing your driver's lic and proof of being a geezer.

My first bike was a Zundapp 200cc 2 cycle (how many of you ever heard of it?) back in 1958 before some of you sprouts were born. I rode the sh-- out of that bike and never failed me. Oh yeah, once a throttle cabe broke in Newport, RI whick I was able to get fixed at the BMW shop.