The Crap Just Won't Go Away.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@FJRocha

Oh well, I am on both forums and am able to sleep at night, no sense on bringing up animosities or calling people names. Nothing good will come of it. Besides, everyone has the right to his own paranoia; leave it alone and to ride into the sunset.
Well put...sums it up for me....

I actually feel obligated to try to help the newcomers at EZ simply because I want to return the favor for all the help I received there over the past year....it appears to me though that EZ is rapidly losing its critical mass on new postings...anybody's guess on the prognosis....

And lastly....to the all wise...

If Marc was 'restricted' by contractual obligations, I would have thought he would have said so..if not to the general masses, but perhaps to WC (in confidence) to keep it off the radar...and then perhaps issue a blanket statement (back then) to satisfy others, saying that he too has ideas of going to a different format, to improve upon what he already has...blah,blah,blah and that he will be working on the details, etc. and once his 'contract' is up, the improved format will be ready to go...and that he cannot elaborate on it any further due to a non-disclosure agreement....and so on.

I bet the vast majority would have appreciated the candor, probably felt loyal to said board and patiently waited while the contract expired....even been excited at things to come...

Communication...goes a long way........allow me to specify...

QUALITY communication goes a long way......

Too late now.....

I've managed to stay out of this shit until now... TXFJR managed to push the right buttons... maybe I'll be banned from the other board now... don't really care. Here's my post over there... until it gets deleted... won't last long

From EZB:

I GOT BANNED! - Open Letter to Warchild--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything I said about the whole "this-forum-vs.-that-forum" issue has been proven true. I went to that other forum and acted the same way the people who got muted/banished here did and, guess what? I GOT BANNED!

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I freely admit that I was more direct in my actions. Regardless, I didn't do anything that wasn't similarly done to Marc.

To Warchild: if you don't get anything else out of this whole incident, know that your actions were EXACTLY the same as what Marc did. You allowed name calling, insults, and exercised the exact same "parental" oversight that you freely allowed the membership to criticize Marc for. I doubt you'll realize it, but it's true. I don't wish you or "that other forum" any ill will, but I simply could not stand back and watch the hypocrisy.

So, thanks to everyone who read and understood what I was doing and I apologize for the foul language and general disruption - both here and there.

TXFJR

And...

TXFJR, I don't approve of you egging WC on, nor do I care what you think about my decision. If you read my response you can see that it was made long ago, before the inception of this board, and that I am planning to abide by it to conclusion.
As to the fate of this board, the members of this forum voted with their donations to keep it going. This of course was before the hacker and all the other crap around here. Bottom line is there is like $2000 in the Community Chest (once EZBoard restores it, and I do believe they will), and it will be plenty to keep this forum Gold for quite some time. There is no way to get money out of it. If useage goes down, the cost to renew goes down as well. Once it runs out, we will decide what to do at that point, but by far the simplest thing is to just disable Gold and have people who don't buy EZSupporter get the ads. That would limit the cost of ad-free service to $12/year per person, and you can also give EZSupporter as a gift.

This would be irrespective of what I do in the future.

Marc

Interesting...

I've managed to stay out of this shit until now... TXFJR managed to push the right buttons... maybe I'll be banned from the other board now... don't really care. Here's my post over there... until it gets deleted... won't last long
Do share with those of us unable to see....

Here ya go Scooter...

my post on EZbored...

TXFJR... I have stayed out of the "forum wars"... until now. You are a TROLL and nothing more. Your posts deliberately attempt to infuriate those who made EZboard, and now eff jay are forum dot com (I even had to change the site name... do YOU get it?) the premier site for the exchange of information for the FJR pilot brotherhood. Do you realize that WC, ScooterG and others MADE EZboard, while Marc stayed in the background? I'm talking about more than 2 years of monitoring, administering, imputing information to help us all? You have the audacity to post your drivel about name-calling (while you hypocritically do the same),etc., as though this is cogent to the point? What is the point? How about WC and others spending countless hours making EZboard THE FJR board, and Marc banning them for even thinking of a different platform? The new board isn't a sales tool... just FJR pilots being who they are (albeit a twisted bunch) exchanging facts/barbs/recommendations in an environment free of a gestapo-like board administrator. Why is that grounds for banishment... from the very board they made happen? Should I get banned for this? To quote Clark Gable in "Gone With The Wind"... frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Here SkooterG...

Oops,

I see he already beat me to the punch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, can you imagine the cooking this thread would be doing if it were January?
So true radman... this is in the middle of riding season... of course... I'm being egg'd on by the new Seether CD playing now.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to kind of miss old Tex. He seemed to have that rare ability to instantly raise everyone else's IQ. For a while I thought he was just a "plant" from the other board because he and Marc seemed to drinking out of the same well but Tex may get himself banned from Marc's place if he doesn't clean up his act. Its a bit scary to think that he might be riding a FJR1300 on public roads. Texas is a big state but I don't know if it is that big. If someone sees Tex riding the wrong direction on the freeway, don't try to stop him, just call the experts who are in charge of the rubber suits.

Maybe I missed the point but the new information about Marc's rationale to stay with EZBored doesn't began to explain why he felt it was necessary to edit, delete, censor, mislead, and ban -- even his moderators -- who from what I have read -- never did violate the "new" rules. Marc may be the legal owner of that website and had absolute power when it was established but when the success of the site depends on the members' postings and financial contributions then they should have also have input on how the site is run (I think the precedant was established when some guys from Boston held a Tea Party about taxation without representation).

Hey Pappy!
Since I asked you to keep my response private and you posted it anyway, you are toast on EZBoard!

Marc

I wear this as a badge of HONOR

banned.jpg

Marks just a poopy head!!! I don't care if Warchild bans me for saying names!!!

:banned:

TXFJR doesn't get it.

If a cop busts you for going 100mph and stunting in heavy traffic it's not that same as if he busts you because he doesn't like your bumper sticker.

Yet TXFJR is b****ing that there is no difference. Well, that's a big DUHHHHHH!

Even Marc FULLY understands that TXFJR broke the rules for ANY board.

Like it or not, this topic is, for some God-foresaken reason, a really compelling read. I feel like I've finally gotten hooked to a soap-opera!

I know!!!! It's cause I'm IN it!!!! :D

Hey Warchild. How about a popcorn-eat'in smilie? We really need one for this thread!

:sleepy:

Hey Warchild. How about a popcorn-eat'in smilie? We really need one for this thread!
Actually, a whole series of them might be nice. A smiley munching popcorn. A Smiley spitting out his popcorn with an incredulous look. Maybe one that barfs his popcorn, you get the idea. This thread raises all kinds of new smilie opportunities!
As for me, the Orville's just came out of the nuker and I'm settin' down to munch and catch up a little. :D