The Evil that is 13....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished Lee Parks Level 2 on my 13.

I can unequivocally state that that the 13 will happily drag it's pegs with the stock tires (aired down to 32lbs). It will also panic stop so fast that you'll leave pupil prints on the inside of your glasses.

Also, the course instructors will give you shit for power-shifting and not being able to hear the bike do it. Buttah!

Now, what about the forks?
There is no question my Gen I forks will not transfer over to the GenIII, but that's primarilily due to the fact the 2003 FJR forks are different from all other FJR forks, including subsequent year Gen I forks... the calipers on the 2003 bike used the old-school 298mm rotors from the YZF-R1. Starting the very next year in 2004, Yamaha upped the rotors to today's current 320mm version.

After 10,323 miles, I believe I am done with these factory BT-023s.... though I am just into indicator bands on the rear...
... this front is a bit, um, worn....
weirdsmiley.gif

bt023moneysworth.jpg

Showed my daughter this pic and she says..."That guy has a FJR Tech Page"?? How do you take him seriously??
laugh.png

I've heard such good things about the Storms. Need to try them maybe after I finish off these Angel GT's sitting in my garage waiting on my PR2's to wear out. 12,160 miles and counting.

How in the Hell do you guys get so many miles out of tires?? Do you weigh like 120lbs and cruise on the freeway at 55 or what??
grin.gif

Well, for me, I spend a lot of time NOT doing what's in your avatar. Most of those miles were spent straight up and down. On the way to work. On the way home. On a trip. On an SS1K. And at one time in my adult life I weight 120 lbs. Then I went to boot camp and bulked up a bit. Then I got older, and beer and good food took care of the rest.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably a daft question but that hasn't stopped me asking such questions before - will a gen 2 tank fit the gen 3?

Kevin