The Hotlanta Roast -- date/time has been set

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2977_zps5ndxeidc.jpg

Now THAT looks awesome!

Mr Hud, those glasses make you look kinda smart, like some sorta professor or sumpin
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Made it home. Boy was I getting fed up with slow people and stop lights. Time for some ice water!

That's kind of what UH was saying.. I appreciate wanting to explore backroads, but in this heat, the highway provides AC for free! :)

(You really should have a water bladder for a ride like that!)

Btw, I just looked at TWO-Suches, maybe I will look at that in the near term. I actually have stayed just up the road at Skeenah Creek a couple of times.

Sorry, but I have been pretty much out-of-touch this past weekend. Photo evidence does shows me at the Hotlanta Roast, however. It was indeed warm in the sunshine, but we ate on the patio under a ceiling fan, and it wasn't too bad.

Thanks, eflyguy and sath182, for making the trip -- and since two of us three came from the near suburbs, sath182 gets the Grand Prize of Most Miles to the Meet -- the highly-coveted MMM award. My group photo looks remarkably like eflyguy's but I'll post it anyway. (From the left: Sath182, Uncle Hud -- the only one still eating, eflyguy.)

Atlanta%20Roast%20RTE_zpsoouhhgcg.jpg

As for TWO-Suches, it's a nice place with really good food. Caters to moto-traffic, so you see ADV bikes, guys with longhorns attached to their helmets, riders in shorts with no shirt (sometimes with bikini-top pillions), fully-kitted dirt bikers, gleaming choppers, and lots more.

Considering the number of Atlanta area riders that wanted to make this lunch, maybe another try in the near future? I met a guy on an Indian at Wolf Pen Gap store (across the street from TWoS) back in May, he lives on northside of ATL and had a gen 1(?) FJR at home. Very opinionated and obviously a regular up there, can't recall a name and haven't seen him the 4-5 times I've been in the area since. Maybe he's on here or someone knows him. Think he had Traxxion's 1st Indian Scout suspension setup on his

Hated to miss it. Both for the meeting of the league of extraordinary gentlemen (hoons), and Community Q's macaroni and cheese. Created a complete new joint in my left big toe while mountain biking, so the allis-chalmers-esque shifter of the R75 wasn't a smart option for me. Next time.

If I had more time available off work I could have done it but being back at work on Monday made a 650 day trip very difficult. So where to next? I've posted up a few since last fall, JS.

No need to explain absences ... everybody has a life, I'm not your 3rd grade schoolteacher, and it was really hot. (I was late to the meetup, too -- how bad is that?)

My concept of an annual get-together has been modified to include "not in August". I'll post up something else in a few months, and you can come on an Indian or a BMW or a Harley or an FJR.

To the bubblehead posting above: a normally sweet redhead has informed me that Hooterville and the BMRx have used up my moto-trips for the remainder of 2016. I may be able to squeeze out a trip to Stagecoach for the 20th anniversary of the Last Ride of the Year.

That's cute Hud. She must be AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I don't tell my wife of 30+ years how many trips I take a year, and she doesn't either.

Now you've got me looking at the map for an end-to-end run of the Talladega National Forest (not sure where the dirt parts are though) on the way there. Even though I don't expect to be available to go.
upset.gif

though if it were summer and I had the bike there, it'd be an easy SS1k route.
tongue.png