The I'm Sick of Turkey and Rain Ride - Nov. 28 or 29

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's meet @ REI Redmond @8:30am and kickstand up no later than 9:00am, and go to Maltby Cafe for Breakfast. Hudson/Dave knows some good roads in the area. The weather forecast for tomorrow calls for rain around 7-8pm we will be home before it starts to rains. If your running late call my cell. let's get a headcount tonight so we know how many to look for.

Thanks,

Marcus,

206-915-0016

Last edited by a moderator:
Duane - in - 8:30 AM, REI in Redmond at Redmond Town Square shopping mall, at the corner of 166th and Cleveland in Redmond. ;) (For those not familiar with that area.)

I'm (still) in a food induced coma. We'll see what tomorrow brings and go from there. Can someone PM me the addy for the Maltby Cafe...might meet you guys there for coffee.

--G

Here is the link to the bfast stop
George, gonna do the Union Hill/Ames Lake/Kelly Road/Cherry Valley route to Monroe, maybe even revisit Niehart's run up Ben Howard.

That would put us in Maltby probably 10:30.
Thanks, got it. Have fun and behave yourselves...don't do anything I wouldn't do. ;)

--G
Right - power slides on wet leaves, wheelies in puddles - got it covered George... ;) We'll need someone on a stock bike to manage these - Marcus is so weighed down with farkles it's a wonder he can even use 5th gear now. :) Dave has what amounts to a BarkaLounger on his FJR with that sweet-seat of his, so "regal" best describes his progress... ;)

I'm too much of a panzy, so I'm out for the fun stuff. You know, I could ask my wife to meet us at the end of Ben Howard and drive us to the other end and back in the car - that could be fun... :D

Laters peeps.

George, gonna do the Union Hill/Ames Lake/Kelly Road/Cherry Valley route to Monroe, maybe even revisit Niehart's run up Ben Howard.

Thanks, got it. Have fun and behave yourselves...don't do anything I wouldn't do. ;)

--G
Right - power slides on wet leaves, wheelies in puddles - got it covered George... ;) We'll need someone on a stock bike to manage these - Marcus is so weighed down with farkles it's a wonder he can even use 5th gear now. :) Dave has what amounts to a BarkaLounger on his FJR with that sweet-seat of his, so "regal" best describes his progress... ;)

I'm too much of a panzy, so I'm out for the fun stuff. You know, I could ask my wife to meet us at the end of Ben Howard and drive us to the other end and back in the car - that could be fun... :D

Laters peeps.
I have a 5th gear??

See Ya tomorrow

Here's the route

DAMN - that route rocks!

...and why do you skip Bing Maps...? :D
Didn't know that Bing Maps had a route saver.

I'm not going to party too hard on this route, given the weather and the roads. C'mon and join us and we'll take it easy. Marcus, bring your radio.

Here's the route

DAMN - that route rocks!

...and why do you skip Bing Maps...? :D
Didn't know that Bing Maps had a route saver.

I'm not going to party too hard on this route, given the weather and the roads. C'mon and join us and we'll take it easy. Marcus, bring your radio.

Radio..check

Watch out for ice tomorrow morning.

I have JIMF, Hudson, Sportsguy and myself meeting @ REI tomorrow.

Mid- 40s in Kirkland, roads are dry, overcast skies. This might turn out to be a decent day to ride!

Bit of a breeze and I have leaves all over the damn lawn I raked yesterday. Not impressed. :(

Let's all ride safe today and watch for damp leaves on the roads.

Marcus, IIRC, your fifth gear is inside your left mirror. I seem to recall you said you moved it there because you wanted to install a power take off on your transmission to run the electric generator at home when the power goes out. ;)

Mid- 40s in Kirkland, roads are dry, overcast skies. This might turn out to be a decent day to ride!
Bit of a breeze and I have leaves all over the damn lawn I raked yesterday. Not impressed. :(

Let's all ride safe today and watch for damp leaves on the roads.

Marcus, IIRC, your fifth gear is inside your left mirror. I seem to recall you said you moved it there because you wanted to install a power take off on your transmission to run the electric generator at home when the power goes out. ;)
Duane,

Thanks..I was wondering where that was...now I can use 5th down hills..

See ya.

Thanks for putting this together, Marcus, and for not violating my "50+miles to breakfast" rule. Good to see everyone, and happy that Jay, George, and Niehart visited. Niehart, thanks for finally answering my question: Does Snoqualmie Valley Road go from 202 to Tolt? Sorry I had to beg off on the last leg home, had to regroup with the family.

That ride will tide me over for a while!

Dave thank's for leading the ride. I can't take all the credit I think this was a combo group effort. glad to see more riders show up at Maltby Cafe. See ya in 2 weeks at the bike show breakfast.here are some pictures from the ride.

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

Sportsguy prefabing a custom tank bag

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

We started with 6

IMG_2143.JPG

Maltby Cafe

IMG_2145.JPG
IMG_2147.JPG
IMG_2150.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG

Theres always an odd duck in the group..

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG