The I'm Sick of Turkey and Rain Ride - Nov. 28 or 29

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
Alright.

In an effort to alleviate the rainy days blues, let's grab a ride this weekend.

I don't know (or much care) where.

We can target Sat or Sun - I can make either work right now. Preference for Saturday (avoid holiday travelers on Sunday).

Weather looks like it'll hold, either day, but bring your rain gear in case. ;)

Who's in?

We need to :

1 - pick a route

2 - pick a day

3 - pick a time to meet

4 - pick a location to meet

I'll work from what little I know...

1 - Camano Island Loop

2 - Saturday

3 - 8:30 AM

4 - meet at REI parking lot in Redmond, then onto the Shell station in Monroe

Open to other routes, etc.

Anyone in for this? It'd be great to gather a few folks together for a late fall run before the holidays take over. :)

I might be in. Planning to make the trip to Pans house this weekend for some wrenching...and then we could do the Camano Loop. I'll check back after returning from the outlaws for T-Day.

--G

I might be in. Planning to make the trip to Pans house this weekend for some wrenching...and then we could do the Camano Loop. I'll check back after returning from the outlaws for T-Day.
--G
It had better be some serious wrenching I have a lot of stuff off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better yet you can ride I can wrench.

Panman underestimates the amount of time it'll take to get ready...

Engine_Disassembled_01.jpg

I may also be able to do Saturday, like to be back before dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have fun guys, I'll either be wrenching, cutting fire wood, or cleaning the place up.

Come the Christmas break I'm planing a couple of day run around the Olympic Peninsula.

Have fun guys, I'll either be wrenching, cutting fire wood, or cleaning the place up. Come the Christmas break I'm planing a couple of day run around the Olympic Peninsula.
Keep us looped on the Peninsula runs. :) Might be fun.

Might be I can get loose Sat., or Sun., an RTE might be nice given the shortness of daylight these days. That way we could all showup somewhere.

I woke up from my food coma this morning and it's sunny...I feel the need to go for a ride, whats the scoop for tomorrow? anyone one going to ride.???.

I woke up from my food coma this morning and it's sunny...I feel the need to go for a ride, whats the scoop for tomorrow? anyone one going to ride.???.
I'll do something earlier (want to be home by noonish), day is weather dependent. I'll ping you tonight.

OK, so thus far we are...

1 - weather dependent - Hudson - what's "weather"? Steady rain or showers - which is enough to cancel you?

2 - back by noon

3 - back by dark

4 - Sat or Sun.

Weather looks like this so far:

Friday (today) - sunny

Saturday - few showers

Sunday - AM showers, clearing in afternoon

I'm in for Saturday, like to be home around mid-afternoon.

Where's George? Did he survive the turkey?

Alright.
In an effort to alleviate the rainy days blues, let's grab a ride this weekend.

I don't know (or much care) where.

We can target Sat or Sun - I can make either work right now. Preference for Saturday (avoid holiday travelers on Sunday).

Weather looks like it'll hold, either day, but bring your rain gear in case. ;)

Who's in?

We need to :

1 - pick a route

2 - pick a day

3 - pick a time to meet

4 - pick a location to meet

I'll work from what little I know...

1 - Camano Island Loop

2 - Saturday

3 - 8:30 AM

4 - meet at REI parking lot in Redmond, then onto the Shell station in Monroe

Open to other routes, etc.

Anyone in for this? It'd be great to gather a few folks together for a late fall run before the holidays take over. :)
JIMF - I WOULD LIKE TO MEET ON SATURDAY, NEED TO KNOW WHERE AND WHEN, ROUTE AND TIME DON'T MATTER TO ME.

I THINK I RODE EARLIER THIS YEAR WITH YOU AND SOME OTHER GUYS AROUND STEVENS/WINTROP/US20, WOULD LIKE TO GO FOR A RIDE ON SATURDAY.

NEED TO KNOW TIME AND WERE TO MEET.

Hi JIMF! :)

Consider yourself on the list. :)

...and one small ask, if I may - please don't think I'm being too forward, but...

Many folks view typing in ALLCAPS online as the same as yelling. ;) Might I suggest skipping the ALLCAPS? Your choice, but wanted to ask. ;)

...and I'll also suggest editing your forum profile so we can see where you are located. :) make it easier to plan meetings and such for rides. :D

As for the ride...

I say we start by 9AM, which means...

Wherever we're leaving from to start the ride, we leave THERE by 9AM. So, for those of us meeting in, say, Redmond (behind REI) for example, that means meeting around 8:20 AM to ensure we reach the start point on time.

Route - undetermined - I expect to know more later today (Friday).

Gas tanks - fill up before you arrive (today, maybe??) so we're ready to roll.

So far the "Saturday AM ride, returning around mid-days" are leading the pack here - this should work for Hudson as well, as he can peel off earlier as needed. The earlier start time will also allow us all to enjoy a few hours of riding before heading home. :)

escapefjrtist? Neihart?

...and one small ask, if I may - please don't think I'm being too forward, but...

Many folks view typing in ALLCAPS online as the same as yelling. ;) Might I suggest skipping the ALLCAPS? Your choice, but wanted to ask. ;)

...and I'll also suggest editing your forum profile so we can see where you are located. :) make it easier to plan meetings and such for rides. :D

As for the ride...

Wherever we're leaving from to start the ride, we leave THERE by 9AM. So, for those of us meeting in, say, Redmond (behind REI) for example, that means meeting around 8:20 AM to ensure we reach the start point on time.

So far the "Saturday AM ride, returning around mid-days" are leading the pack here - this should work for Hudson as well, as he can peel off earlier as needed. The earlier start time will also allow us all to enjoy a few hours of riding before heading home. :)

escapefjrtist? Neihart?
Also if we can have your real first name in your profile/ signature. it will be easier remember your name.I also want to update the PNW contact list, there is a list that was started by AuburnFJR / Brian. I will start another thread for this.

Thanks

As for the ride...

I'll be at REI-Redmond by 8:30. first name Jim. Didn't realize about the CAPS, just too lazy to hit the shift key.

escapefjrtist? Neihart?

Guys - who's in for a ride tomorrow?

Someone pick a destination, too - my local knowledge remains limited. ;)