The Million Mile Challenge. Who's In?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1050 miles to and from PK Lake (twice), out to Sanger and back, and commuting.

+827 to and from the TWN memorial ride and some to and from work for a total of 7519 on the 08 :yahoo:

Thanks to all the regular and new posters. There's a Ural in our midst! Me? Almost nothing useful to contribute. Been suffering from a weird vertigo problem which makes me not want to ride. Ah well.

And the total is . . . 972,597

Holy %&*^& batman, we're going to get our million!

And the total as of October 2 is . . . 972,597. For those who haven't been following along at home, I'm referring to what seemed like a slightly daft idea at the beginning of the year, THE MILLION MILE CHALLENGE.

Not a very complicated idea actually. Mostly it was just another version of one of those "what did you do on your thunderdog 1500 this week" threads except more in keeping with the refined sensibilities (hah) and calloused assess of the calloused asses that hang around these parts. If you still don't have a clue, search on "million mile challenge" and frolic through the 39 pages of reportage from your fellow "I own the best friggin bike in the known universe" owners and riders. There's lots of hard core riding going on!

For those of you have been posting, hats off and thanks offered. Keep posting! Oh, and remind me never to offer to log something like this again!

Holy %&*^& batman, we're going to get our million!

Camera56

Picked up my fjr on May 30th in Cullman, AL. Including that ride home, via St Louis, I just broke 4000 today.

Here's my slug for the season...not reported yet...so this will help get close the the 1M mark: [SIZE=14pt]22,736 miles in 2008[/SIZE].

Broken out the highlights include: 11,500 miles for the SPANK rally which includes commuting to Omaha, Nebraska; across North America several times in the middle, and a ride home from Tulsa.

NAFO was 2800 miles of frivolity including seeing new country in Idaho and Wyoming.

Another Utah 1088 rally where I snuck in 1600 miles on the main route plus commute back and forth. Nice 3100 mile weekend. ;)

And 17 miles in Santa Barbara last weekend at TWN's memorial service. I would have had more, but had a clutch issue. dcarver will be piping up later about my Candy Butt Association membership. ;)

A trip to Gerlach for about 1200 miles.

Misc. commuting and local rides are the balance at about 4100 miles.

(Edit) While I was writing I see another 4K slid in. With my post it seems VERY close at 999,333 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smokes, Iggy nearly got us there: 999,332.8!!!!

Who, I wonder, will put us over!

Status
Not open for further replies.