The Million Mile Challenge. Who's In?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NAFO to now has only been 1085, to many irons in the fire!

Will have a similar number come Monday, riding down for the Maupin Romp.

[SIZE=12pt]Add 1630 on my FJR and 243 on my Guzzi.[/SIZE]

I am seriously considering a t-shirt that says:

I own a Guzzi.....

so I can appreciate my maintenance free Yamaha

Who, I wonder, will put us over!
[SIZE=18pt]I will![/SIZE]

3728 for August and September. This brings my YTD total to 25,195. Amazing how much riding one can get in when you don't have to work. ;)

Yeah Baby! What a rock star posting up all those miles. Thanks for that.

Thanks to everyone who has been part of the fun. I'll keep running the tally through the end of the year and do another leaderboard at some point.

As someone pointed out, it's not like this is official or scientific. But what a cool way to celebrate why we buy these bikes in the first place. If you're just checking in for the first time, this is one of the best threads on the forum. Just flip through to see what the peeps have been up to on their feejers (and others). And while you're at it, wonder at the serious saddle time some of our colleagues rack up. When I posted the challenge, I had in mind that 200 people would each ride and log 5000 miles and that's what would get it done. I don't know where I came up with the 200 number, but I did. While those 200 5000 miles riders are out there, the truth is the million miles has been punched out by something far less than 100 riders, with about 20 or shouldering the load. You know who you are and I flip my helmet to you. My 7500 mile year is chump change in comparison.

So good on all of us. Ride safe.

Cheers to all

C56

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my friend. I can easily meet that challenge since I ride over 1000+ miles a week on my FJR. I'd would have to think of a lot of dedications.

Ted

If it's not too late, I have a few miles to add: 11,067 on the FJR and 4808 of the GTS. I'll probably add a few more to the FJR before the year end.

ldjfr

Tomorrow morning's commute will hit the 8000 mile mark on odometer. New in late May. Should hit the 10k before end of year. :)

2010 miles for our trip to EOM last month. Exciter 99 had the same mileage

+325 miles for week ending 10/11. 12,301 YTD.

Keeping it consistant on these weekly commutes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.