THE MSRP FOR THE 06 BMWK1200GT is

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downn2(aka starcruiser)

Reaction score
$23,800 U.S.Dollars loaded (equipment Package 3)

Here the Canadian pricing from BMW Motorrad Canada

https://www.k-bikes.com/forums/attac...tachmentid=1017

It's really funny when you think about it,,,,I can just imagine just dude puttin down a deposit for a 06 GT with his local trusted BMW dealer who claimed he didn't know the pricing for the O6s, TEHEEHEEE, but being a loyal customer the dealer guarenteed him he could have it for the MSRP. Now, only to find out he's gonna be the proud owner of a $25,400 freaking motorcycle (inc TT&L)....

BWWWAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAAHAAAHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA

Well, all I can say is, I don't think it's a good idea to mix Germans w Americans, if they can't screw ya to the wall, they'll try to GAS YA!!!!

Now, only to find out he's gonna be the proud owner of a $25,400 freaking motorcycle
So....there are bikes that cost more. What is your point...you don't like BMW.

That's nice.

@ FJRottie, I believe this thread is in response to the discussion about buying the FJR because of a "few" dollars difference. Of course, that thread opened without knowledge of the true MSRP of the BMW. At the time, it was believed the GT would come in around $19K, it seems that idea was a bit optimistic.

IMO, a little "tongue-in-cheek" blast at those who come on this site denigrating FJR owners for simply buying their Yamaha because of a "few dollars", rather than because they actually wanted the FJR instead of the BMW, seems reasonable.

No no no the pricing is wrong. It is going to 15.5K Stripped down and 18.9K fully loaded. That is from a good sources inside BMWNA.

I refuse to opine on the Beemer thang, cuz I's broke and would have to roll a yuppy just to ride one...but Rottie I love your Marvin dude !!!

Bobby

@ FJRottie, I believe this thread is in response to the discussion about buying the FJR because of a "few" dollars difference.  Of course, that thread opened without knowledge of the true MSRP of the BMW. At the time, it was believed the GT would come in around $19K, it seems that idea was a bit optimistic.  IMO, a little "tongue-in-cheek" blast at those who come on this site denigrating FJR owners for simply buying their Yamaha because of a "few dollars", rather than because they actually wanted the FJR instead of the BMW, seems reasonable.
Oh, I see.

...and, thanks Bobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where you're getting these numbers, but they're obviously incorrect. Probably a Canadian $$ to US dollars thing.

And pulling pricing off another country's web site and tben using a currency conversion factor to infer a US price doesn't work either. Pricing is market specific.

Everything points to a price similar to the K1200S, so probably $16K-$19K depending on specific options. Figure a $5-6K bump over an FJR with similar equipment. Which is completely consistent with the general 35% or so price bumps that BMWs typically command over comparable Japanese bikes.

Nothing has changed.

- Mark

I think if you were to compare the prices of any new motorcycle in Canada you would find they are much higher than the US prices and its due to something that they have a lot more than we do -- taxes. That is also true in most European countries as well, new motorcycles are bargain in the US compared to most of the rest of the world.

His link seems to be to BMW Motorrad Canada. The price he quoted is from a piece of paper, for a fully loaded K1200GT in Cdn $.

I agree with markjenn, you cannot use a conversion rate to make a USD price.

It works if you go here, where he throws the same kind of hand grenades and makes the same false claims as on this forum.

Everyone just walk out to their garage, look at their FJR, smile :wub: , look at their FJR again, then walk back inside and post a message on some other thread. Let this one die. All this talk about Beemers is pointless. Can we all agree that we already have the greatest bike there is? No comparisons are necessary. :drinks:

His link seems to be to BMW Motorrad Canada. The price he quoted is from a piece of paper, for a fully loaded K1200GT in Cdn $.I agree with markjenn, you cannot use a conversion rate to make a USD price.
And why not? You can find em all over the interent....

https://www.x-rates.com/

I think you gonna find the BMW's price in Canandian Dollars converted to U.S.D will be exactly what it is here......Excluding TT &L that we american get ripped off for that is...

I think you gonna find the BMW's price in Canandian Dollars converted to U.S.D will be exactly what it is here......
Have you bothered to check out what a 2006 FJR1300 is going to cost in Canada and converted that number to US Dollars?

From a Canadian dealer.

These are tag prices before taxes (and dealing).

BMW K1200GT $24,600

Ducati ST4S ABS $23,995

Honda ST1300 ABS $18,999

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS $18,899

The current average bank rate is about 0.84 as of 17 Dec 05.

So, in USD

BMW K1200GT $20,664

Ducati ST4S ABS $20,155

Honda ST1300 ABS $15,959

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS $15,875

Those USD prices are not right.

The economies are different, and so are the prices.

The current average bank rate is about 0.84 as of 17 Dec 05.So, in USD

BMW K1200GT              $20,664

Ducati ST4S ABS          $20,155

Honda ST1300 ABS        $15,959

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS    $15,875 

Those USD prices are not right.

The economies are different, and so are the prices.
I think you would find that the difference between US and Canadian prices (beyond the exchange rate difference) is due to different import taxes. US import taxes are generally low in comparision to most other countries.

$23,800 U.S.Dollars loaded (equipment Package 3)
Here the Canadian pricing from BMW Motorrad Canada

https://www.k-bikes.com/forums/attac...tachmentid=1017

It's really funny when you think about it,,,,I can just imagine just dude puttin down a deposit for a 06 GT with his local trusted BMW dealer who claimed he didn't know the pricing for the O6s, TEHEEHEEE, but being a loyal customer the dealer guarenteed him he could have it for the MSRP.  Now, only to find out he's gonna be the proud owner of a $25,400 freaking motorcycle (inc TT&L)....

BWWWAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAAHAAAHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA

Well, all I can say is, I don't think it's a good idea to mix Germans w Americans, if they can't screw ya to the wall, they'll try to GAS YA!!!!
Just saw from a reliable site on BMW's the price will start at $17,500. USD

https://www.bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2259

:p

Everyone just walk out to their garage, look at their FJR, smile :wub: , look at their FJR again, then walk back inside and post a message on some other thread. Let this one die. All this talk about Beemers is pointless. Can we all agree that we already have the greatest bike there is? No comparisons are necessary. :drinks:
I took your advice, walked out to the garage, looked at my `05 FJR, looked at my `02 R1150RSA. Patted `em both on the tank and thought about the different rides I take `em on this week.