The Newest Farkle!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, when i feel the need to stretch my legs, I just take them off the pegs and let them hang... guess that's one of the benefits of having a shorter inseam. Seen riding buddies do the same thing, as well as standing up on the pegs while riding (cools you off too), so I know I'm not the only one who does this. Between those options, and doing some isometrics, I've never really thought the need for highway pegs was critical. :huh:

UBF -- and I like being able to take it off quickly. If you're on a long ride -- pop 'em on, otherwise, leave them off..... cool.

Well, looks like someone pissed off Jackass-In-The-Box.
:****:
Defiant, you gotta loosen up, unless you just wanna be defiant.

You don't see Skooter jumping down Howie for this do you?

And like madmike said,"Your problem with a utilitarian solution for making time and burning miles would be?"

its real simple here, if you don't like it, dont buy it, make it etc.

Its MY bike and if I want to put Chromed Flowers on the saddle bags I will. I'll just have to ride faster to stay away from Odot and Ari :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am always loose. What I don't need is someone starting with all the name calling and telling me I am full of shit. I am surprised that you let people get away with that kind of crap on this board. Not only is it rude, but it reflects on everyone that posts here for all the world to see.

If I was a newbie and read Skooter's post, I would have thought that, "what is wrong with this guy" and probably would have been hesitent about posting anything for fear of getting called names and being told they were full of shit.

It is clear that many of you didn't take offense at Skooter's discourtesy and personal attack. It is another example of the lessening of civility and the lack of plain ole common courtesy and respect for other's opinions.

I personally shouldn't have gotten so pissed off at Skooter and ranted back. I am going to take the high road and ignore him and his lack of courtesy in this forum and discount any comments that he posts. It is clear that he has his own issues.

Ride on

:D

Well, looks like someone pissed off Jackass-In-The-Box.

:****:
Defiant, you gotta loosen up, unless you just wanna be defiant.

You don't see Skooter jumping down Howie for this do you?

And like madmike said,"Your problem with a utilitarian solution for making time and burning miles would be?"

its real simple here, if you don't like it, dont buy it, make it etc.

Its MY bike and if I want to put Chromed Flowers on the saddle bags I will. I'll just have to ride faster to stay away from Odot and Ari :p

Holy crap!

I just came across this thread again. Defiant - you are in serious need of a can of STFU!!! This isn't the first time you and I have had issues. Nor is it the first time where you pretend to "take the higher road" while doing exactly the opposite.

Lighten up and get a sense of humor. Did you see those smilies in my post? That meant I was joking. That despite your condescending post reeking of arrogance.

I have issues? Dude, seek therapy.

Looks like the oil level is a bit high.. :rolleyes: . You might want to use a shorter bolt in the slider clamp. One more thing, ride more,farkle less... :D smitty
15i3l0g.jpg
If it were a "Leg of Lamb" I would know why it was there. "On the spit roasting" One way to get the max use out of the heat problem on the FJR.

Remember, We in Montana use ALL parts of the Lamb!

CK

:) Yep I like it, put your gear on and give us a better distant shot!

I use to put my feet/legs up on the fairing before I installed the high way pegs and still wish they were a little further toward the front of the bike!

Holy crap!
I just came across this thread again. Defiant - you are in serious need of a can of STFU!!! This isn't the first time you and I have had issues. Nor is it the first time where you pretend to "take the higher road" while doing exactly the opposite.

Lighten up and get a sense of humor. Did you see those smilies in my post? That meant I was joking. That despite your condescending post reeking of arrogance.

I have issues? Dude, seek therapy.

Therapy is a good thing...I seek it all the time with my therapist...here's a pic of her walking away from our last session..

cj_58862.jpg

Jay

'04 FJR

cj_58862.jpg

I remember when my wife looked like that! :yahoo: Made me smile all the time.

She may not have the figure of a 21 YO anymore but she still makes me smile.

I'am still trying to get the correct size tap in and just orderd another today. Looks like I'll have to go with pipe threads, which may in fact be a good thing for a ready made bushing reducer.

Fencer, I'm not sure if this would be legitimate concern or not but I'll throw it out there anyway....

Would there be a possibility of the weight of your leg on the highway peg actually loosening up the slider over time? I know its torqued down pretty good but it seems that with the length of the extension from the slider to the peg you may have enough leverage there that the weight of your leg and the bouncing of the bike could actually begin to loosen the slider which are also engine mounting bolts if I remember correctly.

Just a thought...

Fencer, I'm not sure if this would be legitimate concern or not but I'll throw it out there anyway....Would there be a possibility of the weight of your leg on the highway peg actually loosening up the slider over time? I know its torqued down pretty good but it seems that with the length of the extension from the slider to the peg you may have enough leverage there that the weight of your leg and the bouncing of the bike could actually begin to loosen the slider which are also engine mounting bolts if I remember correctly.

Just a thought...
It may be something to check when you fuel or check tire pressure, but the torque specs are 40 ft/lbs on the slider bolts and I think the clamp would slide on the outside before the mounting bolt would loosen.

:angry2: I'm sorry, but if I wanted a cruiser, I would ride my Harley

:rolleyes:

:angry2: I'm sorry, but if I wanted a cruiser, I would ride my Harley
Shit-stirrer. :glare:
Shit-stirrer? That's twn's job. Then I take back up to previous post. Then groo bites rad. Then the admins ban each other. Then I wonder where my free bag of popcorn is when some clown goes awry. :blink:

FJRFencer,

Farkle the bike anyway you like. I personally would be interested in seeing your final version. I have the highway pegs from Wild whatisname and like them for my long legs and long rides. B)

FJRFencer,
Farkle the bike anyway you like. I personally would be interested in seeing your final version. I have the highway pegs from Wild whatisname and like them for my long legs and long rides. B)
Kind of fun reading these's post :D , MM2 rides long distance and I ride longer 1500 in 23 and 50cc coast to coast in 42 have Wild Bills pegs one of the first he put out. Its all in fun and if you cant take it dont post :D thats what makes this board over others is we can have fun doing it, RIGHT TWN :clapping: :yahoo:

rogerfjrfaster :D

I guess I just don't get it. Why would you want highway pegs on a sport tourer? Extending your legs forward while sitting in the saddle forms you into a perfect "U" shape. Not to mention that it shifts the balance of weight and potential control issues. How comfortable is that? I have put a lot of miles on my 05 and never felt the need to stretch out while riding. If I start feeling that need, I stop for a few minutes.
If you want cruiser pegs, buy a cruiser bike. IMHO :D

Hey defiant, if you don't like them don't buy them. You have your opinion and others have theirs. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others won't. Have you ridden over 2000 miles in 24 hours? Some on this board have and some of them use the forward pegs. So I guess that many hours in the saddle with the pegs works for them.