the scary part is how it will look

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
life is short,why wait,had all my farkles planned already and thats just one of them.will post after it comes out of the booth.

Custom paint on a new ride...the ultimate farkle experience! I am surprized more fjr'ers don't partake in the fun. If it's what you like, it's gonna look great. When its done, if your not happy with it, I'll swap you my dark cherry skins. Enjoy.

You might as well be driving a large powdered donut!Cop magnet!

I can't wait to see how it looks though.
You mean rookie cop magnet. Only rookies eat powdered donuts. The sugar gets all over the dark blue uniform. It's the first thing I teach the new guys when I'm training.
I stand corrected.

How about a GLAZED donut?

life is short,why wait,had all my farkles planned already and thats just one of them.will post after it comes out of the booth.
I've said since it was new that I was going to paint my '03 after I put it down the first time. It's still silver. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be complaining about that. :dntknw:

here are some progress pics

P1000614.jpg

P1000615.jpg

looks dull cuz it still need the clear coat

To each his own I say...looks good so far ! I'm curious as to why ya arent doing anything to the front fender..or did I miss this ?

Bobby

looks good so far :clapping: kinda reminds me of Eddie Van Halen's strat....

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it! Will be cool to the see the finished product.

Good on 'ya for doing something different.

Custom paint adds 5hp, too.

I like it, especially the light blue. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. You're a brave man; I have trouble deciding to put a sticker on my bike.

Wow, I really like it. Are you painting it yourself or having someone else do it? Just curious what something like that would cost? If you don't mind. I realize it's money so if you prefer not to say I understand... Can't wait to see the finish product. I am sure it will look great...

I think it looks cool, but I have a question. Why does the black paint look flat? Is it just the pictures or were the parts sanded down or something? If they were sanded, are you gonna go back to glossy once the graphic work is done, or stay flat?

ok here are all the answers,

cost is 1800.00,i wish i could do that(thats all tear down and reapply body work)

black looks dull cuz you have to scruff the paint,do the layout and color then clear coat the whole thing again,its 2 stage paint for the colors so it looks dull until the clear goes on.

heres a pic of the tank cleared but still needs buff and color sanded(this is from my cell phone camera)

tank.jpg