The stock Air Box Funnel reduction surgery.....By WW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee Johnny why ya so pissed? Ain't like you've a bunch 'o' contributions over the last few years ya been here.

More power ta guys like WW and the nitrous guy. It's called Hot Rodding an it's been happening ever since we gave up the horse and buggy. Get over yerself.

:jester:

First off I like to thank WW for all his effort.

I came to this site for just this type of info.

I left other sites because I always try to improve the performance of any machine I have. I was told more than once my ideas will cause a flaming death if I do it, from the Puritans of the world.

Bullshit!!

Well I am still here, and we need more people with the ability to not listen to conventional wisdom and step out and try new ideas.

Thanks again WW.

Bob

Awwwwwwwwww.......................can't ya just feel the love in here? :rolleyes:

Hey WW, maybe we can get together for a ride sometime & you can take mine out for a "seat of the pants" comparo test to see if there's a major difference.

Appreciate the info. :clapping:

Not to keep the patting on the back going but remember there are engine/performance people out there that would spend ten's of thousands to squeeze a couple of extra Hp out of a motor.

Cheers

-Don

First off I like to thank WW for all his effort.
I came to this site for just this type of info.

I left other sites because I always try to improve the performance of any machine I have. I was told more than once my ideas will cause a flaming death if I do it, from the Puritans of the world.

Bullshit!!

Well I am still here, and we need more people with the ability to not listen to conventional wisdom and step out and try new ideas.

Thanks again WW.

Bob
Puritans! I like that term! lol There's a bunch of Puritans that don't believe in the Hot Rodding premise or anything else they didn't think of. FJR is nothing different than any other internal combustion engine, more air in, more air out = more power. Just need to find the right combo is all. Seems WW has! Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gramps,

Sure, PM me sometime. Road testing with another bike is always FUN!!

RTSR1/FJR, DonRed7, :)

Rode my FJR this am( it was nice and warm here, before the rain came) with the bald tire and all (road testing) a bit.. Very impressive power delivery!!! No flat spots or stumbles. No falling down or loss of power, even from less than 3 grand on up in 5th gear. NO RIDE-ABILITY PROBLEMS DETECTED WHAT SO EVER!!!

1st gear throttle wheelies came on :dribble: :dribble: LIKE CRAZY! :dribble: :dribble: !!! It lifted the tire with ease(Houston we have lift off!!), was very controlled, this is the 1st time I have ever been able to grab 2nd gear during a throttle wheelie with this bike. Felt like I just strapped bags onto my dearly beloved 06 zx10r!!.

HOWEVER.... I do stand corrected on something....... The intake noise is, in all honesty, louder than I notice on the highway going home the other night. Not as loud as the exhaust BUT ... definitely taking huge gasps of air under heavy throttle(I like it!!).

(I will add this update to my recipe link too.)

WW

Last edited by a moderator: