The Wave

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waves are pretty common around here even between metrics & cruisers.

This would have made a good POLL...

Waves are pretty common around here even between metrics & cruisers.
banghead.gif
DeadHorse.gif

Click a wave, any old wave... really, they are clickable

Poll :bye:

:bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be a population limit to waving. Sometimes, particularly on weekends, there are so many motorcycles, you'd never get your hand back on the grip if you waved to everybody. Imagine waving to every biker at Daytona Bike Week. WBill

I always do and most wave back or do a head nod if their hand can't come off the bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]<Major Snippage>[/SIZE]

I dare someone to say "Nice Poll"...it is Friday you know.... :blink:
Oh, I get it...never ending AND pointless.
Because it has been polled apart and there are many who see things from the opposite poll, i.e., Poller Extremes! A tractor poll is more interesting than some of the issues mad e poll here. Some of us just "pass on by" when we see "POLL" in the title as there are other polling places with a higher priority. Let's remember one of my favorites, "Poll my finger". heh-heh-heh-heh-heh ;)

Because it has been polled apart and there are many who see things from the opposite poll, i.e., Poller Extremes! A tractor poll is more interesting than some of the issues mad e poll here. Some of us just "pass on by" when we see "POLL" in the title as there are other polling places with a higher priority. Let's remember one of my favorites, "Poll my finger". heh-heh-heh-heh-heh ;)
:lol: Mikey, you're ON FIRE. :lol: :lol:

Here in Quebec, 90% of anything 2-wheeled waves openly.

I find it kind of funny when I'm riding a major highway where the opposite lanes are separated by 100' of grass..... and sometimes, people WAAAAAAAAY over there have their heads-turned waiting to see if you'll look, then a big long-distance wave, lol

Just proves that a lot of people are reeeeeeaaaaally happy to be part of the bike culture, which always makes me grin.

But - when there's a big meet somewhere and I find myself with a pack of hundreds of bikes coming at me, I'll admit I feel silly holding out my pointed finger for several minutes straight, lol. I usually give up and feel like a snob for doing so.

The Jeeper's wave protocol is far more convoluted than murdersicklist's.

You have to know your place in the Jeep caste before you start flapping your arms around.

Rankings:

The ultimate Jeep is an early CJ (extra points for no rust)

Then lifted TJs and YJ's,

then stock TJ's

then stock YJ's (but they are a myth)

then those new things they call Jeeps (JK's) if they have a really big lift.

Stock JK's are at the bottom of the totem pole.

Standard JWP (Jeep Wave Protocol):

The Jeep of the lower ranking must always initiate the wave. If not, no wave will occur in most cases.

The Jeep of the higher ranking is never required to initiate the wave, yet must always return one if first initiated by the subordinate Jeep.

Some Jeepers wave like parade princesses. It's always OK to respond in kind.

It's also quite OK to ignore stock JK's, as they are still making big payments and driving to soccer practice.

:p

In town, if traffic permits AND I recognize somebody. Otherwise, I'd be riding around in traffic one handed all the time waving at a bunch of weekend warriors every 3 seconds.
On the hwy, often.
Similar for me, though mine would be

In town/commuting, if traffic permits and I'm not lane-splitting (which I usually am) then I'll wave.

On the hwy or the mountains, always wave (if safe). Usually get a reply wave

If I recognize a bike of any sort, I wave without discrimination.

I do this because it might matter to them.

It means nothing to me other than one more mindless gesture I feel obligated to do.

So, I don't bother to even look if I get a wave back.

I stopped caring about waves when the myth of a comradorie of bikers died, after talking with hundreds of them.

It seems the only thing we have in common is that we like to ride bikes and, at least in my case, that is nothing to take any more pride in than falling in instant love with the model pictured in the front window of a Victoria's Secret.

Yeah I see you get some joy from this crazy, dangerous, expensive, rare,and fairly easy act of riding a bike, that is so way cool man!

You so special dude!

I ride out in the sticks a lot. Not enough bikers around to keep my waiving arm in shape so I have taken to waiving at the Amish. They always wave back, even the cool ones that don't wear headgear on their horses. :)

It seems the only thing we have in common is that we like to ride bikes and, at least in my case, that is nothing to take any more pride in than falling in instant love with the model pictured in the front window of a Victoria's Secret.
Do you wave at the Victoria's secret mannequins in the window at the mall? And do they wave back, or just wink?

I feel cool when I wave... so I do it a lot.

I don't care if you wave back.

I love passing a Cruiser going the same direction and waving with my right hand.

Do you wave at the Victoria's secret mannequins in the window at the mall? And do they wave back, or just wink?
They just give me the subtle hip hitch. They tell me they might not have become lesbians if they had met someone of my superior expertise when they were younger. I tell them I'm tired now, please get me a beer and let me watch. My rich fantasy life is all that is keeping me going these days, as soon as the human race decides to enter into a virtual reality I'm signing up! No wait, the last time we gave computer corporations the power of gods they created total hell for a technical idealist.